Bridge to Infinity

Self-Love: Leo's take on Self-Esteem vs Nathaniel Brandon's

5 posts in this topic

Straight to the point. 

Leo simplifies what low self-esteem is by pointing out that what it truly is which is just a lack of self-love. There isn't much more to it than that. I've read Nathaniel Brandon's work on Self-Esteem, and what he goes into detail about are the characteristics one lives by that causes one to love themselves, fundamentally the books he has written preach that one should develop themselves into a person they love. But that is challenging in many instances because persons who are highly neurotic and therefore have low SE will always find flaws within their character no matter what causing themselves to not love themselves. The aspects of self-esteem that Nathaniel Talks about in his book "Six Pillars Of Self Esteem" are a direct result of self-love. For Example: Because I love myself I will put up personal boundaries, therefor live assertively. But the opposite could also be true "I put up boundaries and live assertively therefor I love myself" however that is a lesser form of love and is dependant on the actions you take.  Leos's method of living with high self-esteem is much more efficient because embodying the characteristics of high self-esteem will come naturally once self-love is established rather than having to force actions that feel very incongruent with who you feel you are right now. eg... living assertively

Great Job Leo. I would absolutely love it if you touched on some more stage orange personal development topics with the spiritual understanding and perspective you have. 

It brings me to tears now that I finally know what it is I must do to live with high self-regard and esteem. It is not to jump through hoops trying to raise my self-esteem rather it is to directly and unconditionally fall in love with my-Self. 

Edited by Bridge to Infinity

Self-Love is a very high-level abstraction. Brandon's self-esteem is more mundane and nitty-gritty because you cannot just tell people "self-love" and expect them to grow from that. They wouldn't know how to actualize it.

Also, Brandon never realize how deep self-esteem goes because he never had the necessary mystical experiences to access Self or Love. So his work cannot take you to the highest God level. But it's still great for ordinary people who aren't advanced enough yet to reach God level.

Notice that his work hinges on rasing one's awareness. AKA raising consciousness. But he never tells you what consciousness is. It's LOVE!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Regarding your booklist, do you still recommend reading Traditional Self Help books post awakenings to help Self Actualize ones self and improve certain areas of life? 

Would you also say to add the deeper teachings to those like Nathaniels to get the most out of them? 

I still feel there is key lessons from Stage Orange PD to implement in life, as with all the topics on your book list, to create the best life possible. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Most of you guys need lots of basic self-help. So neglect at your peril.

Learn to crawl before you try to fly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I completely agree Pre and Post awakening Self-Help is incredibly foundational and important. 

As you say in your 35+ Subfields of Self Help, Enlightenment/ Awakening does not solve all issues in life at all. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi