Average Investor

Endocrine Disruptors

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone heard of this? I recently removed all soy. I have been looking to invest in this for water "Megahome Water Distiller MH943TWS"

I eat quite clean over all, but seems kind of hard to avoid all plastic. What are your thoughts? Anything else to look out for chemical wise? I see a lot of stuff on heavy metals here too I have been trying to avoid. I was going to get the apps recommended to check products I use. 

Edited by Average Investor

I too have been wondering about the plastic tupperware. Its one thing to microwave food in the plastic container, (and microwaving is a whole separate issue in itself) and put hot food in, as oppose to cooled down food and then refrigerate. Not sure if that minimizes the negative effects of the plastic. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise I cut it out and went with pyrex glass. Not sure what the rubber lid thing is made of though. I cut out all microwaving. You might want to look into a stainless steel toaster oven or air fryer. If you buy the cheap ones they are loaded with chemicals themselves, so go stainless. The guy here states that just having it in the container it does leach off of it. This video is worth the watch. I already gravitated to removing most of this, but this has brought some new stuff to my attention. 

Unless one can completely isolate themselves from society it is no longer possible to avoid the impact of endocrine disruptors. They are now absolutely everywhere. So it is a good idea to avoid the most significant and obvious ones like unpurified water, cheap personal hygiene products, alcohol , tobacco, excesive caffeine and any unnecessary medicines including OCP and painkillers but it is equally important to support our bodies to ensure proper liver Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification as this is where all the toxins are being dismantled and metabolised (see picture). 

On top of that, high fiber intake ensure that once toxins are metabolised they are fast excreted before being reabsorbed. 

Phytoestrogenic foods can help to safeguard oestrogen receptors from docking of oestrogen disruptors. You mentioned soy but actually soy products from organic soy are very protective from oestrogen imbalances. 

And of course, good water intake to support all metabolic processes. 

image-asset.png

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Yeah, I probably will enjoy some organic tofu on occasion still as I don't really see anything suggesting it is really bad, but I also don't see anything saying it is really good either. I had not really made a full decision, but I was eating it pretty regularly.  I have been replacing it with more beans and avocado. But yeah, of course we cannot really avoid all of that stuff unfortunately it is part of what society is built on is cheap garbage. I would like to try to source more food at farmers markets when I get the chance.