CreamCat

Why criticism is unstoppable.

5 posts in this topic

You cannot stop yourself from criticizing yourself and others.

How can you hope to stop others from criticizing you or people you identify with?

It's not going to happen.

Criticizing others for criticizing you is not going to magically help them develop self-control.

There is no magic pill for this. Criticism is an unstoppable cyclone.

You're still going to criticize others for the next few decades or until you die. Just realize how it's difficult for others to do the same even if they want to stop criticizing others. If they want to keep criticizing others, nothing but death can stop them.

Realistically, the only way out is to stop exposing yourself to criticisms and stop caring about criticisms.

Here are some videos to help you escape criticism.

Edited by CreamCat

10 minutes ago, modmyth said:

Honestly, potentially exposing yourself to criticism in a conscious, vulnerable way is a great way to piss on someone's parade. You could even make a list or draw them a roadmap lol, and just hand over the potential ammo. If you're really owning what you're being criticized for, it's just not fun or purposeful in the way it would have been originally.

Could this be a toxic form of criticism? Is there also healthy criticism? I’ve had some friends that have given me some constructive criticism about shortcomings I should work on. It was hard to hear at the time. My boundaries and defenses were too strong and I needed to open up. 

I’ve also experienced the type you describe. I had an ex that was hyper critical in a manipulative way. In this situation, my boundaries and defenses were too weak.

1 hour ago, modmyth said:

it's not a good practice to be avoiding criticism

I was talking about negative criticism which is not the same as constructive criticism or feedback.

Exposing yourself to negative criticisms drags you down.

2 hours ago, modmyth said:

The mental/ emotional act of avoiding criticism on any level is at least partially what gives criticism power.

Not exposing yourself to something is not the same as avoiding it.

Not exposing yourself to negative criticism means you don't seek negative criticism.

Seeking negative criticism can be a form of distraction.

Edited by CreamCat

You may not be able to stop criticising, but you can take away its negative charge. At which point it just becomes a mere observation.

This is in my view just a natural consequence of inner harmony and an opening of the heart.

I am myself, heaven and hell.