Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CMacD

Do People "Have Your Number"

4 posts in this topic

Ever have people that you just can't seem to outwit or best, ever? But it seems like a rock paper scissors game where other people you're less impressed by somehow seem to deal with them? Certain patterns in both trading insults and competing at endeavors like online gaming & sports seem to convince me that there's almost a deterministic outcome that some people are just destined to beat you, and you'll never get back at.. It drives me insane. I feel like I'd sell my soul to have power over some people.

Maybe it's just higher awareness/consciousness. If someone is a higher level of consciousness above you there's very little chance even your highest probability fluke performance will best them. I'm sure I'm giving away that I have some underlying neurotic resentment issues, heh heh heh

When you obsess over beating someone, one-upping, venegance, getting them back you're always distracted and compromised, so you're always at a disadvantage and you can't play your best game, or be your best self. When a part of your mind is preoccupied with this stuff, you're at least partially missing actually being present in the thing, so you loose. You can't put your heart into it when your heart's somewhere else.

Try to let go of thinking in terms of winners and losers, one-upmanship, dominance. It actually doesn't matter. Use the force, Luke.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@CMacD I feel this isn't going to go down well on this forum because its a mostly green forum sporting yellow ideas as I've seen members and mods here who have a distorted view of competition. For green, competitiveness is apparently anti spiritual and pathologized. However it's actually a biological need for both men and women.

So the reality is your power drives need to be assimilated. That takes a lot of time and some people will try to hold you back because they haven't dealt with their own redness.

Sport / competition is something to be enjoyed and used for relaxation rather than taken seriously. 

Edited by Nickyy

On 12/3/2019 at 3:51 PM, CMacD said:

Ever have people that you just can't seem to outwit or best, ever? But it seems like a rock paper scissors game where other people you're less impressed by somehow seem to deal with them? Certain patterns in both trading insults and competing at endeavors like online gaming & sports seem to convince me that there's almost a deterministic outcome that some people are just destined to beat you, and you'll never get back at.. It drives me insane. I feel like I'd sell my soul to have power over some people.

Maybe it's just higher awareness/consciousness. If someone is a higher level of consciousness above you there's very little chance even your highest probability fluke performance will best them. I'm sure I'm giving away that I have some underlying neurotic resentment issues, heh heh heh

The frustration arises when the thinking of other people does not make sense of it, or derive an understanding, or any power. The power is within you. 

It is only the relationship with you and your source at play. The narratives that involve other people are a thought-goose-chase.  Nip those thoughts at the root, as soon as you notice they don’t feel good. Reconnect by choosing an entirely difference topic, that is light and easy for you, that feels good for you. It could be as simple as puppies, music, or a stamp collection. The content doesn’t matter, how it feels to you matters,  practice letting resistance go, by doing this. Don’t write it off as too simple and easy to be effective, you are the center of the universe, You are the creator of your reality, so of course it matters very much to everything - how you feel. 

There is a full circle: starting with expecting how you feel, to be aligning with what you think. But it just doesn’t work that way. There is no strength found, only frustration. 

After enough suffering, a willingness arises, and thoughts are more carefully & gently chosen - in accordance, in alignment, with feeling. 

How you feel, now, is the most important factor in the universe. Life can be exceptionally tricky, in this painfully all-too-simple elusive way. Everything you want, always starts first, with how you feel right now. On a great note, there is only one right now. Get that solid and things start making a whole lot of sense. Meditation and emotional expression / intelligence, is key. 

Question all the time, am I here, now, present, seeing, hearing, tasting, breathing, feeling, interested, noticing, or am I trailing off in a thought story.

Notice, you reference a “there”, but you can only ever be, here. Here, is always where you are. Then, is a reference, but you can only ever actually be now. Now, is always when you are. So simple yet so elusive. Laugh with the simplicity, make it a ‘best friend’, know the feeling of here, now. 

When you are - THAT is when and where the mother f’n now is. Do you see the “role reversal”? You are not “in time”. You never move at all, all is transpiring within you, appearing as if you are moving through it all (GTA basically) Do you have a sense of this, of just how big you actually are... 

If you want to be at your best, give up all of the thinking about who you are which is derived from comparisons to other people. It’s small thinking of you, and it’s incredibly inaccurate. Genuinely find your way, one kindly chosen good feeling thought at a time. Care about how you feel, rather than winning - and you paradoxically - win. You win what you seek, happiness. Happy people tend to flow, here-now, without all that thinking, and paradoxically again, “win”. 

It is not losing a game which feels bad, it’s how you think about yourself that feels bad. Cause it ain’t accurate at all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE