Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Pointing Out Instructions

7 posts in this topic

What are some of the best guided self inquires that point to the true self. When I do guided self inquiry I like it went I have someone explaining the concept because It feels like they are talking to me, so it helps bring about a sense of presence in the moment. What are some of the best videos to achieve the initial recognition and awakening experience?

To find the true self one must disconnect from the illusion as much as possible. Spend a week or two in silence, in darkness, in stillness, no food, no books, no phone, no computer, no music, no physical or human contact. Just sit there and meditate and sleep and maybe some silent yoga or breath/movement work. Its the fastest and most powerful way but also the most challenging of all methods for the psyche but once you get past a certain threshold, it only becomes easier and easier and then you may struggle to come back to reality cause its so divine, so pure, so blissful.

Eventually all the illusions of self dissolve and you are only left with the self.

B R E A T H E

True self-inquiry is about getting to the root of something, it can be anything. You continue to ask questions about the nature of that thing, and when answers arise, you ask about the nature of that answer. Repeat until you have no more questions to ask about that thing. For example, you can ask What is fear? Fear is a self-defense mechanism. Then you can ask, what is a self, and what is a mechanism, and so on until you reach the point where no more question can be asked. This requires extreme concentration and awareness, which often takes hours to complete.  But if you can do this many times with different subjects or things, you will reach the truth. 

@erik8lrl So just keep asking my self what am i experiencing in direct experience? But doesn't this require introducing thought into the self inquiry? I thought the whole point was to sit in the empty space without thought, then bring myself back to the empty space when i get lost in though. 

@Raptorsin7 They are both practices that work, contemplation/self-inquiry, and beingness/meditation. The reason why you have thoughts in the first place is that you don't know things, so through self-inquiry, you can know the nature of all things thus leads to beingness and no self when you've done enough of it. Basically thinking so much that you can't think of anything else anymore. Meditation/beingness is about surrendering to everything, knowing that you know nothing and no knowledge is true, thus leading to beingness and no self, but it requires patience and discipline.  Either way, you are going to get to the truth, I like to do both. 

Edited by erik8lrl