FredFred

How to appreciate the process of personal development?

5 posts in this topic

I realized recently that I never learned how to appreciate the process of personal development, and that's a problem. I am very demanding of myself, I want to get somewhere where I am not right now, and I get demotivated when progress doesn't go as fast as I want it too.

Are there any ressources, books, videos that helped you learn how to appreciate the process of personal development? Or that helped you learn how to appreciate the process of anything in particular?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

Every progress counts, no matter how small or big. Progress is a proof that your life is getting better and that you're doing the right thing. The more you appreciate/celebrate your progress, the more you'll get "addicted" to it and be motivated to progress more and more. 

I have an opinion on everything :D

22 hours ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

Every progress counts, no matter how small or big. Progress is a proof that your life is getting better and that you're doing the right thing. The more you appreciate/celebrate your progress, the more you'll get "addicted" to it and be motivated to progress more and more. 

So celebrating progress and achievements, as little as they are, would be the best way to embody that understanding?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

23 minutes ago, FredFred said:

So celebrating progress and achievements, as little as they are, would be the best way to embody that understanding?

Yes, it's great to let yourself feel good about yourself when things are going your way. :)

I have an opinion on everything :D

all it takes is to enjoying the unlimited path and process of development 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"