Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scholar

Good resources on Gluten?

3 posts in this topic

I have cut out Gluten a few days ago and the difference in energy, ability to focus, sleep quality and so forth is just staggering. I was struggling with concentration a lot the past few months. I also woke up really dehydrated and feeling terribly each morning, which already seems to be getting much better.

I have only noticed this because I was already avoiding wheat products, but the past two weeks I was eating a lot of bread and pasta and my concentration went really down the drain so that I decided to try and cut it out completely. I haven't felt this good in months, only now I realize how bad I have felt.  I was utterly emotionless and unmotivated in comparison to how I feel now. The times I felt better in the past I never correlated to Gluten but rather thought I have nutritional deficiencies due to my vegan diet.

However I never had any digestive problems and from what I read most gluten insensitivities or celiac disease comes with these kinds of symptoms. I have been doing some research on gluten and it seems like it can hinder vitamin and mineral absorption and therefore cause disruption in hormonal production. From what I have gathered so far the research is rather limited especially on Gluten-sensitivities.

Does anyone here have some comprehensive and reliable sources on this topic in general? I never thought Gluten could have such an impact and I suspect that I have developed a sensitivity in the past few years. It is kind of scary to think that I could have continued to struggle not realizing it was Gluten all along.

Glory to Israel

I also do not eat gluten. I did not really researched to be honest, I just listened to my body:

While eating gluten, my legs felt very heavy. Stopped eating gluten, my legs feel whole lot better. 

Same thing happened to Novak Djokovic, there is a video of him talking about this on YouTube.

So I think, it is a great decision to cut out gluten from your nutrition plan. There are so many alternatives, why to eat that?

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

https://www.coeliac.org.uk/home/

Coeliac UK has some good information. I know you said this is not your case but they have lots of tips and recipes as well as educational materials. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus