TrynaBeTurquoise

Dr. Andrew Weil on Aubrey Marcus Podcast (Lots of Great Health Info)

14 posts in this topic

Talks a lot about holistic, integrative medicine, epigenetics, how our society needs to change health-wise. Other topics include psychedelic plant medicines, the power of the mind-body connection, power of laughter, how to fear/trauma of the animals we eat can be transferred to us through food, ect.

Dr. Weil is one of the best recourses for health and nutrition without a doubt. I would also check out his podcast appearance on Joe Rogan. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise I personally find it difficult to take health advice from a guy with a protruding belly.

I know this is a lame argument, but sometimes the obvious is hidden in plain sight 

13 hours ago, Nickyy said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise I personally find it difficult to take health advice from a guy with a protruding belly.

I know this is a lame argument, but sometimes the obvious is hidden in plain sight 

He isnt a fitness coach, hes a Dr. of Integrative Medicine, lol. 

Belly or not, his body is probably healthier than the vast majority of males his age. If you listen to the podcast his resting heart rate is exceptionally low. 

How about Aubrey who is half the conversation, an extremely physically fit guy. *facepalm*

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

21 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

He isnt a fitness coach, hes a Dr. of Integrative Medicine, lol. 

Belly or not, his body is probably healthier than the vast majority of males his age. If you listen to the podcast his resting heart rate is exceptionally low. 

How about Aubrey who is half the conversation, an extremely physically fit guy. *facepalm*

Ok, Weil is not a fitness coach, granted. His own advice should be working for him to keep a healthy BMI (inflammation) and a healthy liver (protruding gut is a sign he has developed a fatty liver). Excess visceral fat is not only toxic and inflammatory but actually extremely dangerous and is a huge risk factor for cancer development.

If he's interested in epigenetics then surely he would be doing things that turn on the expression of certain genes to keep his weight low by eating the right diet. It's just common sense. 

Eating healthy and regular excersise are the two most important aspects of health, keeping the weight down is extremely important. Especially if his business is integrative medicine, because diet and exercise are the cornerstone of integrative medicine.

Weil looks like hes not even got the basics covered. 

Sorry dude, but I just wouldn't listen to this guy's advice. 

Edited by Nickyy

22 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

Ok, Weil is not a fitness coach, granted. His own advice should be working for him to keep a healthy BMI (inflammation) and a healthy liver (protruding gut is a sign he has developed a fatty liver). Excess visceral fat is not only toxic and inflammatory but actually extremely dangerous and is a huge risk factor for cancer development.

If he's interested in epigenetics then surely he would be doing things that turn on the expression of certain genes to keep his weight low by eating the right diet. It's just common sense. 

Eating healthy and regular excersise are the two most important aspects of health, keeping the weight down is extremely important. Especially if his business is integrative medicine, because diet and exercise are the cornerstone of integrative medicine.

Weil looks like hes not even got the basics covered. 

Sorry dude, but I just wouldn't listen to this guy's advice. 

That is a lot of speculation and judgement about one of the main pioneers of integrative medicine. I'm pretty sure he has his health basics covered. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise Why so defensive? The guy isn't healthy for the reasons I explained. There's no speculation about it, you can see the belly right before your eyes. That has health consequence.

The one who speculation is you by saying "probably" .

Judgement would be like me calling him a wanker. You should learn the difference between being judgemental and being discerning. Nobody is judging him.

Nobody knows they are naieve until they learn about niaeveity

Edited by Nickyy

11 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I enjoy Dr Weil's lectures.

Perhaps he is a Jovial body (essence/endocrine) type?

http://humanbodytypes.com/jovial.shtml

Yes, just because someone is a little chunky (not grossly overweight by any means) especially for a man his age (77 years old) doesn't mean they aren't in great health mentally and physically. 

1 minute ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Yes, just because someone is a little chunky (not grossly overweight by any means) especially for a man his age (77 years old) doesn't mean they aren't in great health mentally and physically. 

Anyone with half a braincell can see your cherry picking and biased.

2 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise Why so defensive? The guy isn't healthy for the reasons I explained. There's no speculation about it, you can see the belly right before your eyes. That has health consequence.

The one who speculation is you by saying "probably" .

Nobody knows they are naieve until they learn about niaeveity

No ones getting defensive, and thats just your own judgement of him, not actuality. If you don't want to listen to him no one is forcing you or to comment in this thread. Your notion of health is extremely simplistic and misguided. 

"Sometimes a little brain damage can help." - George Carlin

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Your notion of health is extremely simplistic and misguided. 

And this is your judgement.

This is what happens when people parrot teachers, they end up with egg on their face. 

4 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

And this is your judgement.

This is what happens when people parrot teachers, they end up with egg on their face. 

The egg on my face tastes better than what that insecurity about body fat feels like on your ego. 

The egg on my face tastes better than what that insecurity about body fat feels like on your ego. 

I'm sure it does 

But your mental masturbation, cherry picking and parroting ideas you don't understand still don't change the facts.

Do they?