Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Essential Forum Entries collection

18 posts in this topic

I'm starting this journal for anyone and everyone to record any forum threads or posts that you found useful for your everyday living. Any topic or valuable insight offered in the forum question answers that you might need for reference or recollection. 

Anybody can post. Share or copy paste the post or quote. Whatever you choose. 

Thanks guy. :)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Aeris   

1,729 posts

Posted 25 minutes ago · 

7 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

Because most girls have had dates with high value men. These men are not good nor nice they are arrogant assholes because they have options.

You don't have options, that's why you are so nice. You are basically kissing a girl's ass thinking that if you kiss her ass long enough she might give it to you.

So, you by not being an arrogant asshole tells her you are NOT a high  value man with a lot of options. If you don't have options something must be wrong with you. The girl thinks: ''Why would i like you if no other woman likes you.''

Your SMV is determined by how other women perceive you not by how you, society or your friends, your boss etc. perceive you.

My comments are not gonna be welcomed because this forum is blue pilled AF.

Yes. Absolutely. IME guys that lie the most are the ones that get the most (and the best) women. There is a direct correlation between being dishonest and a liar, and having success with women.

Again my comment is not gonna be welcomed because this forum is blue pilled AF.

Everything, because good guys have no value. For a woman to get a nice guy is not that difficult, because they are everywhere, there is no challenge.

And women in here are gonna tell you

OFC we do. But you girls are not attracted to nice guys, you actually feel repulsed by them. It's only when a woman realizes that she is not getting any younger and SETTLES for a nice guy right around when they're 30 something.

And that's the bottom line. That's just the way it is.

Now i am gonna lay back and watch how the whole forum tells me i am wrong, deluded, trapped and projecting go ahead, it amuses me.

I am teaching you, not the otherwise. Remember I am 40 yo. Respect your elder's wisdom.

ARC

Aeris

The truth is all thinking is projection to the relative.

We eat tons of red pill. 

But most people didn't eat the one that tell that everything is bs.

That all conceptualisation remain the imaginary thoughts of animals

There what we have is ALWAYS relative observation. 

The truth is that all thinking is 'imaginary

42 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Yea totally true. The karmic circle. I have my own saying for that. I don't know how much people believe in it but it goes like "you attract the energy you create"... I see this happening everyday. This is how the karmic cycle begins and end. Life for example if you say a lie, or have sex without the motivation of love, you have created a karmic energy in the moment. This karmic energy stays in the environment. 

Now after a few days either your partner or you realize the truth that the relationship has no true value and the sex was without love. At this point the karmic energy manifested itself as an outcome. 

Now understand this. This is where it gets important. The reason you attracted a partner who also showed similar karmic pattern is because of your own karmic energy created by you.. "you attract the energy you create".... If you had created the energy of truth, your karmic energy would have represented truth and attracted a truthful partner in return. Because the karmic energy you create has to find a way to expose or manifest itself. So it ultimately gets exposed or manifested in a situation that has been gradually attracted by it for the purpose of expression or final outcome or exposure. Now if you expressed the karmic energy of great friendship you will attract a great friend. You created the karmic energy of sex without love so you were gradually taken to a situation where you realize that both you and her were using each other for sex without love leading to guilt. This guilt situation was attracted by your initial karmic energy and also by her karmic energy. That's why such a situation came. 

Hope it makes sense now

2 hours ago, Nickyy said:

Thanks for the rec. I'll check it out in a moment.

You're right about that, some people think that shared interests or commonality are what relationships are really built on. It just so happens a lot of people get taken in by this mistake. 

Yes I agree. One way to view masculinity is congruence. If you have conflicts inside that have not been addressed then you're not going to be rooted in masculine. The "now". You're going to be fixated on those things in the back of your mind, or pushing them away for a later time.

It's crucial to get these issues sorted out and to be present in the moment, being here fully, knowing what your purpose is in this moment and how whatever situation you are in fits into that purpose. What is your aim in this moment? Is what you're doing in this moment reflective and supportive of your larger purpose? 

Everyone (not just women) sense this alignment. There should be no complications. There should be transparency, straight forwardness, no self deception. No BS.No games. No "game". Gaming women is not a life purpose. Nobodies life purpose is ultimately centred around attracting women. The attraction comes from congruence . 

pluto   

5,152 posts

Posted 3 hours ago · 

3 hours ago, Lento said:

@pluto

The truth is boring. People love the illusion, at least 90% of them (myself included).

That's because most people haven't truly tapped in to the truth 

Even among conscious communities, most have just had a glimpse, a taste, a flash, enough to know but not enough to understand.

I reside in Truth, I experience, love, bliss, beauty, wisdom, perfection in all things.

I can shift the whole universe in a blink of an eye or play pretend while those dwelling in illusion can only play pretend.

I can do both 

So boring Indeed.

1 hour ago, Etherial Cat said:

Oh! Happy to know this behavioral pattern has a name. 

I agree with you Nickyy.

I somewhat feel sorry for those guys in the PUA community who can't find their way out of those unbalanced mental scheme. Quite often, their imbalance leaning towards the masculine energy is reinforced by the fact that they will only consume stuff they see as masculine content, and justify their behavior with "science", and "rationality".

Unfortunately, since the pull of our mainstream society is Orange, it leads them in a difficult loop to escape. They can get trapped in this sad patterns for decades of their whole life.

I wish there was more healthy role model for them. It's hard to find the escape of this maze on your own.

I met a guy (not directly, just indirectly) around 10 years ago on my first forum at ken Wilbers integral life website. The forum is shut now, but I think we can still access the forum archives and read the stuff on there. His name was Charles Bowling, a man in his 70's, who had been into personal development all of his life. There was something about him that was beyond anything I've experienced before and since.

The closest word I can fathom is presence. But not just presence of being here in the now, but actually grounded in every single interaction he had on the forum. This manifested itself in an ability to understand your question accurately and be able to give you an answer that was suitable for your own level of understanding. He would answer every question put to him. He wouldn't dodge questions and he wouldn't tell lies, he only spoke about his direct experience. He wasn't green, he didn't buy into flatland equality, he had access to every stage of development and was not fixated at any particular stage 

When he replied to you you felt that he had taken enough time to absorb your perspective and then he would offer you something that he knew first hand would be of value. You could tell that he was done working on himself and that he had absolutely no agenda but to offer his experience and help you. His moment by moment purpose was aligned with his larger life purpose. You could feel his congruency coming across the text. It had the effect of my feminine feeling safe, nourished, understood, at home because he himself was at home. 

But not only did I feel like everything was ok with the world when I read his texts, I also felt the pull of challenge. He appealed to my masculine side like a father figure. Always leading me to take responsibility into my own hands. 

Time seemed to vanish when I read his posts. 

He had done the work integrating beige with body work and grounding into his body completely, and integrating purple using Jung's archetypes. He understood the crucial role of mentoring younger people (healthy blue) and the benefits and limits of orange with the sensitivity and spiritual reawakening of green. 

There are no role models like that in society. Many people try, but I don't think they truly understand what it means to integrate the spiral and truly live as a whole person. 

He definately was at being needs stage as he clearly only needed to contribute to others. 

A real master. 

Once you have someone like that in your life, even for a short time, it can really help you sort the fakes from the real. Unfortunately there are hardly any people at yellow and above, so yeah orange and it's views are the only thing guys have to go on.  

Etherial Cat   

514 posts

Posted 1 hour ago (edited) · 

I think that most of the disagreement in this thread might come from the fact that everyone pictures a different definition of what is a nice guy.

It's quite a relative concept.

I can't fathom being attracted to a man who isn't nice. He needs to resonate with my sensitivity, compassion and love for other fellow human beings, nature etc, otherwise I won't be able to build intimacy. 

But in this thread, I can't help myself but to picture the type of odd guys I used to meet in high school or very early 20s. The type of dude who would be nice because they are overly naive, delusional, lack survival skills, do certain actions because they expect something in return for their niceness, etc... 

Niceness doesn't mean yes to all. Some guys will be yes to all, and disappear in his attempt to please you. It's unhealthy and unattractive. 

My nice guy has healthy boundaries, a life of his own, is self-confident and won't take no shit from me and others, when times comes to stand for his principles. 

Nickyy   

457 posts

Posted 2 hours ago · 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I disagree. Confidence can't come without real inner work. Confidence just for the sake of confidence has no real source and thus its foundation is shaky and easily crumbles under pressure and test/obstacle. 

You got it. Confidence that is put on is contrived, it is not authentic, because only true confidence comes with being in alignment with yourself. 

That's why women test men with emotional tests. To find out if he is worth time and energy. To see if he really is the Mack daddy he is presenting himself to be. When a guy knows why he is where he is in this moment, and it makes 100% sense to him, then whatever he's experiencing in his mind at that time in relation to a woman's behaviour has no effect, because he knows why she is in front of him and how she fits into his purpose. Purpose being the larger context. 

If a guy has no integrity with himself and he is just hanging around a woman for no reason then that's when neediness takes over, because he's with her to take from her rather than be there for a real reason that makes sense to him. And when a guy is trying to take from a woman then he gets very shaken up when he doesn't get what he wants. 

He becomes flaccid, like a limp penis lol

Women don't like that kind of guy. 

1 hour ago, Nickyy said:

What you're describing is nice guy syndrome ? 

The pickup community / men's movement, have swung to the opposite polarity by not really understanding what it actually means to grow up as a man. 

Oh! Happy to know this behavioral pattern has a name. 

I agree with you Nickyy.

I somewhat feel sorry for those guys in the PUA community who can't find their way out of those unbalanced mental scheme. Quite often, their imbalance leaning towards the masculine energy is reinforced by the fact that they will only consume stuff they see as masculine content, and justify their behavior with "science", and "rationality".

Unfortunately, since the pull of our mainstream society is Orange, it leads them in a difficult loop to escape. They can get trapped in this sad patterns for decades of their whole life.

I wish there was more healthy role model for them. It's hard to find the escape of this maze on your own.

Dumuzzi   

30 posts

Posted 1 hour ago · 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

That's okay. People build empires by stealing money and scamming. I want to walk on a path of consciousness and truth and values. So I don't need to follow their examples. 

Success achieved by wrong means is not true success and no success at all. 

It's like the ends justify the means. 

I'd rather the means justify the ends. Sportsmanship is more valuable to me than winning the game. 

But I can understand the need to sharpen the tools or skills needed even if it meant the intent is not right or authentic. Like a mock rehearsal. 

The point for the pickup community seems to be, that they envy psychopaths, or as they call them, Alphas. Such men see women as prey and are in effect predators, on the hunt. They seem to want to be able to completely detach from their emotions and their empathy, so that they can relate to women as objects to be used for sexual gratification, rather than as actual human beings with feelings and wants of their own.

The thing is though, you can't "unhave" empathy and normal human emotion, you're either born with it, or if you're a psychopath, you are incapable of it from birth. Thankfully, only about 4 percent of the human population is psychopathic, most of them men, but it is enough to cause plenty of mayhem. I think nice guy syndrome at its root is about the envy normal men feel towards psychopaths who are often a lot more successful at certain things than they are. Thing is though, psychopaths may be able to "get" women easily, but are unable to form normal human relationships and enjoy their conquests on an emotional level.

33 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It's difficult to make that happen. I'm myself a youngster struggling with that. But going through many toxic relationships I had the opportunity to understand toxic patterns in my partners as well as myself. 

Like they say experience is the greatest teacher of all. 

To each their own.

Personally, I no longer partake. I have effectively been living the life of a Sannyasin, for the past 7 years. It isn't necessarily the life path I would have chosen for myself, but this the path that the Goddess put me on, therefore I follow it. If she should ever deem it necessary that I should marry and start a family, I will follow that path. 

points from both of you, but I think the existence of conmen and their success would indicate that faking confidence can be just as effective as genuinely having it. The very essence of a confidence trick is to fool the other person into seeing you the way you want them to. Psychopaths in particular are very adept at this and such people are often at the top of our social hierarchy. See the current leaders of the UK and the US as a typical example of that.

Anton Rogachevski   

784 posts

Posted 58 minutes ago · 

@Preety_India

I guess we can boil it all down to Borderline thinking and exaggeration. Thinking you are either nice or a jerk, and going from one extreme to other. This kind of radicality is just a result of a low level of development, and that's where most people are, so that's why we get all the stereotypes. (All women yada yada, All men yada yada.) My personal rule of thumb is not to judge the whole by the majority. To personally embody this means to understand that you always represent all your kind, and to act accordingly.

Edited by Preety_India

Anton Rogachevski   

784 posts

Posted 1 hour ago (edited) · 

@Fede83

This issue goes much deeper and it has to do with codependency. One of its most common patterns of behaviour is pleasing others from a place of neediness.

Someone who has that, sees his behaviour as "nice", and when he sees someone who doesn't do the same he calls him " a rude and arrogant jerk", but all that is a borderline judgement from a limited selfish perspective, which stems from low self esteem - this means that his perception is twisted by his illness.

Also, it all depends on where the niceness is coming from, if it's not from manipulation, but an honest giving of kindness with no strings attached, then we are getting somewhere. A well rounded individual knows how to blend all these principles in a tactful manner, and so he may be both kind and attractive.

You can also throw in stereotypical thinking, generalizing and level of development. It's obvious that people on different levels of development appreciate, and are attracted to different kinds of behaviours. For example, unhealthy stage red is attracted to displays of power.

Posted 47 minutes ago · 

54 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Therefore the behavior of the opposite person/partner is more important than what they teach in a pua community. Because their thinking patterns will never apply to a real time situation because every situation is like a separate case and so a man will have to be pretty much impromptu in his approach and understand her psyche to see how he can align himself to her and get along with her. Following a pattern based thinking will only lead to borderline behavior and sabotaging a potentially good blossoming relationship. 

?

Hence why it's better to drop all dating coaches and just do serious self development work. Emotional healing, meditation, that kind of thing. Be your own authority rather than absorb other person's beliefs, especially people who have an agenda, are incomplete , are possibly trying on a coaching role to make money. 

We can see now the pitfalls of this kind of reductionist approach 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I think this can be very similar to a sort of jealousy women feel towards a archetype of the seductress also sometimes to the Succubus who is great at sexually attracting a man to herself  like Jezebel but uses him eventually for her goals because she is the goldigger  or the psychopath who uses her sexual charisma to get his wealth and enjoy fortune and status. 

It's to see how we all get enmeshed into this whole game of sexuality and dominance and survival and easily forget the value of truth and higher goals and purpose. 

It's about animalism trumping on spiritualism. 

But there are hopefully ways to deal with this cognitive dilemma. 

One is to be liberated from this primal game and focus on true purpose and not get overwhelmed by games people play. 

In the end karma is a very strong word and what starts with good intentions ends with good outcomes. 

Something that is really not rooted in real values is materialism and society loves to project it like success or power. 

This is again an illusion that disempowers us. 

To be true to yourself and not get carried away by materialism and illusions is a great indicator of strength of character. 

The rewards of the earth are temporary. The rewards of great intentions are ever lasting. 

In the end what is real stays real. Like you can always have a fake diamond. But nothing overcomes the shine of a real diamond. It's pure beauty free from corruption. 

Yes, two sides of the same coin. Amen to that, sister 

I am actually quite disturbed by the rampant materialism and apparent sexual frustration exhibited by many on this forum. Maybe it is because this place attracts a younger demographic, but it seems to me that in order to progress spiritually, you have to overcome your obsession with both, so that you may concentrate on achieving a higher purpose.

Nickyy   

458 posts

Posted just now · 

2 hours ago, Angelite said:

In reality, there is only Truth.

Okay I'm gonna say this from a higher conscious plane of looking at thing. 

In the end, it is love. 

Anything that is not based on love will not last forever. Love can't be faked. 

I believe in natural attraction. 

These are all reasons. You don't need reason for love. True love won't fade. 

But judging from this forum, people aren't looking for love, but to get their needs met. 

Love is not a need. Love is simply love

Not knocking your views, I personally have no first hand experience of what you're saying, but that doesn't mean I can knock it. It's valid for the stage you're at. 

But for me I'd like to plant a seed to set the wheels in motion for a new paradigm for guys to adopt on the forum. Actualized.org is probably the only place now where people can get real information on how to grow in different lines of development. I believe what I'm proposing is a healthier way of looking at dating and male female attraction, at least healthier than what's out there at the moment in the orange centred dating coaching industries, the pickup macho culture and the MGTOW stuff.

So for me it's important to take one step at a time and try not to confuse people. 

I consider myself at least able to grasp some of these high personal development concepts, and that has taken me time to do that. Not everyone can grasp the things you're saying. We need to present the reality of male and female attraction in ways many people can understand. 

I think moving from distorted orange ideas about male female dynamics into healthier 2 me tier is a step in the right direction. 

Nahm's thread on using a dream board. Total game changer for me so far. Only been using it a few days, already had manifested things from the board into reality. Crazy stuff.

@Raptorsin7 thanks for the contribution. Helps a lot. 

Nahm   

14,549 posts

Posted 10 hours ago · 

The hardest thing about meditation is starting, because you don’t know how beneficial it is until you practice. The second hardest thing is feeling so good you start skipping the practices. 

Walking Meditation

Walking meditation is a great way to begin integrating the power of meditation into your daily life. It is the first stage of meditation in action, that is, learning to be meditative while "out and about" in the world. 

It is great to do while, for example, taking a walk in the park, at the beach, or in another natural setting. 

Walking meditation is often recommended for people who are doing a lot of sitting meditation. If you are getting to sleepy, or your awareness is getting to "muddy," walking meditation can perk you up. Alternately, if you are getting to concentrated and mentally "stiff," walking meditation is a perfect way to loosen up a bit. 

Walking meditation is a common practice in Vipassana and Zen Buddhism. 

Pay close attention to the physical activity of walking slowly

1. Before walking, stand still in an open, balanced posture. Bring your awareness to the feeling of your feet touching the ground. 

2. Now begin walking. Keep your gaze fixed on the ground about six feet in front of you. This will help you to avoid distraction. 

3. Note and mentally label three parts of each step you take. The labels are "lifting," "pushing," and "dropping." 

Lifting - when you are picking your foot up

Pushing - as you are moving it forward

Dropping - as you are lowering it to the ground

As you make each label, pay very close attention to the actual physical sensations associated with each of these actions. 

4. After these three components become clear, you can add three more, so that the entire sequence is: "raising," "lifting," "pushing," "dropping," "touching," and "pressing."

5. Your mind will probably also engage in thinking extraneous thoughts, but just allow these to go on in the background. Your foreground attention should stay on the physical sensations of walking.

6. If you find that you have been completely lost in thought, stop walking for a moment and label the thinking as "thinking, thinking, thinking." 

7. Then re-establish your awareness on the feeling in your feet, and begin the walking meditation again. 

8. A typical session of walking meditation lasts a half an hour. 

CAUTIONS:
Make sure to watch where you are going, especially if you are around traffic, other people, etc.  

https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

Awareness of Thoughts Meditation

By learning to watch your thoughts come and go during this practice, you can gain deeper insight into thinking altogether (such as its transience) and into specific relationships among your thoughts and your emotions, sensations, and desires. This practice can also help you take your thoughts less personally, and not automatically believe them.  Additionally, this meditation can offer insight into any habitual patterns of thinking and related reactions.  

Observe your thoughts as they arise and pass away.  

·       By “thoughts,” we mean self-talk and other verbal content, as well as images, memories, fantasies, and plans. Just thoughts may appear in awareness, or thoughts plus sensations, emotions, or desires. 

·       Sit or lie down on your back in a comfortable position.

·       Become aware of the sensations of breathing.

·       After a few minutes of following your breath, shift your attention to the various thoughts that are arising, persisting, and then passing away in your mind. 

·       Try to observe your thoughts instead of getting involved with their content or resisting them. 

·       Notice the content of your thoughts, any emotions accompanying them, and the strength or pull of the thought.

·       Try to get curious about your thoughts.  Investigate whether you think in mainly images or words, whether your thoughts are in color or black and white, and how your thoughts feel in your body.

·       See if you notice any gaps or pauses between thoughts.

·       Every time you become aware that you are lost in the content of your thoughts, simply note this and return to observing your thoughts and emotions. 

·       Remember that one of the brain’s major purposes is to think, and there is nothing wrong with thinking.  You are simply practicing not automatically believing and grasping on to your thoughts.  

·       When you are ready, return your attention to your breath for a few minutes and slowly open your eyes.  

Optional:

·       There are various metaphors and images you can use to help observe your thoughts.  These include:

o   Imagining you are as vast and open as the sky, and thoughts are simply clouds, birds, or planes passing through the open space.  

o   Imagining you are sitting on the side of a river watching your thoughts float by like leaves or ripples in the stream.  

o   Imagine your thoughts are like cars, buses, or trains passing by.  Every time you realize you are thinking, you can “get off the bus/train” and return to observing.

Awareness of thoughts and emotions is one of the areas of focus developed when cultivating mindfulness.  In Buddhism, mindfulness is one of the seven factors of enlightenment and the seventh instruction in the Noble Eightfold Path.  

The Seven Factors of Enlightenment: https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/piyadassi/wheel001.html

The Four Noble Truths:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Noble_Truths

The Noble Eightfold Path: https://tricycle.org/magazine/noble-eightfold-path/

CAUTIONS:

Please be gentle with yourself if you notice that you are constantly caught up in your thoughts instead of observing them.  This is both common and normal.  When you realize that you are thinking, gently and compassionately return to observing your thoughts.  

If the content of your thoughts is too disturbing or distressing, gently shift your attention to your breathing, sounds, or discontinue the practice. 

·       Remember that you are not trying to stop thoughts or only allow certain ones to arise.  Try to treat all thoughts equally and let them pass away without engaging in their content. 

·       This practice can initially be more challenging than other meditations.  As you are learning, practice this meditation for only a few minutes at a time if that is easier. 

·       It can be helpful to treat thoughts the same way that you treat sounds or body sensations, and view them as impersonal events that arise and pass away.  

·       Some people like to assign numbers or nicknames to reoccurring thoughts in order to reduce their pull and effect.

Breathe Awareness Meditation

Stress is an extremely unhealthy condition. It causes the body to release the chemical cortisol, which has been shown to reduce brain and organ function, among many other dangerous effects. Modern society inadvertently encourages a state of almost continuous stress in people. This is a meditation that encourages physical and mental relaxation, which can greatly reduce the effects of stress on the body and mind. 

Sit still and pay close attention to your breathing process.

Take a reposed, seated posture. Your back should be straight and your body as relaxed as possible.

Close your eyes, and bring your attention to your breathing process. Simply notice you are breathing. Do not attempt to change your breath in any way. Breath simply and normally. 

Try to notice both the in breath and the out breath; the inhale and the exhale. "Notice" means to actually feel the breathing in your body with your body. It is not necessary to visualize your breathing or to think about it in any way except to notice it with your somatic awareness. 

Each time your attention wanders from the act of breathing, return it to noticing the breath. Do this gently and without judgment. 

Remember to really feel into the act of breathing.

If you want to go more deeply into this, concentrate on each area of breathing in turn. Here is an example sequence:

1. Notice how the air feels moving through your nostrils on both the in breath and the out breath. 

2. Notice how the air feels moving through your mouth and throat. You may feel a sort of slightly raspy or ragged feeling as the air moves through your throat. This is normal and also something to feel into.

3. Notice how the air feels as it fills and empties your chest cavity. Feel how your rib cage rises slowly with each in breath, and gently deflates with each out breath.

4. Notice how your back expands and contracts with each breath. Actually feel it shifting and changing as you breath. 

5. Notice how the belly expands outward with each in breath and pulls inward with each in breath. Allow your attention to fully enter the body sensation of the belly moving with each breath.

6. Now allow your attention to cover your entire body at once as you breath in and out. Closely notice all the sensations of the body as it breathes. 

Repeat this sequence over and over, giving each step your full attention as you do it. 
Suggested time is at least 10 minutes. Thirty minutes is better, if you are capable of it. 

If you find yourself distracted by a lot of mental chatter, you can use verbal labeling as an aid to concentration. For example, on the in breath, mentally say to yourself, "Breathing in." On the out breath, say, "Breathing out." Another possibility is to mentally count each breath.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=92i5m3tV5XY

User

Bookmark

Nonduality & Meditations  Now

“ ...every revolutionary act, is an act of love...”  - Zach de la Rocha

Quote this

ivory   

462 posts

Posted 9 hours ago · 

If I had to pick two practices to maintain for the rest of my life I'd pick breathing exercises and going on daily walks.

In learning to breathe properly a good majority of thinking is reduced. If I had to estimate, I would say that 2/3 of my thinking ceases when I am practicing regularly. Imagine being 66% less stressed out. Also, breathing reduces the intensity of emotion making it much more bearable. Sometimes, difficult emotions even have a "feel good" quality.

I do also do a 45 minute brisk walk to get my endorphins flowing. With a daily practice I tend to be much happier even when I'm not doing anything in particular. I used to run, which was even better, but after so many injuries I decided to take things down a notch. Walking is at least sustainable.

User

Bookmark

peanutspathtotruth   

410 posts

Posted 15 minutes ago · 

@AwakenedSoul444 Next to of course going to the root of it, there is nothing more relieving I found than Yoga Nidra. It's complete, absolute relaxation of your body. You might not have done that for years. Even in sleep you are not as relaxed as in Yoga Nidra. I highly recommend "Tripura Mandala" on YouTube. Lovely man. Take the beginner Yoga Nidra session and work up from there. 1 hour in complete relaxation = you feel like a newborn.

User

Bookmark

Anton Rogachevski   

788 posts

Posted 2 minutes ago · 

Acceptance of suffering. Not wanting to not want it.

The desire to stop suffering is in fact the source of suffering.

User

Bookmark

https://antonsjournal.home.blog

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."  William Shakespeare 

Reply to this topic...

Follow4

Actualized.org

Terms

Privacy