Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrynaBeTurquoise

Seeing people as "primitive" ape-like creatures the deeper I go down the rabbit hole

3 posts in this topic

More so than ever before, when I think about humanity on a larger scale, or people who I interact with like friends or family, on a smaller scale, I kind of conceptualize humans in the back of my mind more like animals than being a separate, higher, advanced species. And it intrigues me, its like looking at the exact same reality but everything is drastically recontextualized. 

This is hard to put into words, so I cant capture the essence of what Im fully saying here, but I get an intuitive gut feeling as to how primitive humans are now compared to how I used to think we were (advanced, the highest form of life on earth, extremely sophisticated relative to animals) Even though that is true in a sense, the magnitude of how powerfully our emotions, instincts, and desires control us, and even the physical features of the human, makes me think of us more like a bunch of apes nowadays. Not equating humans to apes per say, but I feel now like Im living in an ancient world (in a relative sense) compared to the higher potential of life forms in the future, where society has evolved into higher stages of consciousness. 

I am very grounded in my physical body, so this isnt me looking down on being human or trying to reduce the human form down or disown it, but I feel like this a valuable insight that goes on behind the scenes in my mind, and helps me realize that no matter who you are, how successful, powerful, ect, you are still dealing with the core issue of being a human, or at least identified with being human, and the caveats that come along with that.

Anyone else adopt this sort of "monkey lens" that can relate? Or further insights on this topic

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry