True Meditation: Discover the Freedom of Pure Awareness - Adyashanti

The Most Important Thing: Discovering Truth at the Heart of Life - Adyashanti

Not Nice - Aziz Gazipura

Letting go - David Hawkins 

Obstacle is the way - Ryan Holiday 

Mastery - George Leonard 

Edited by Jacob Morres

On 14/11/2019 at 10:03 PM, rNOW said:

A) How many books have you read over the past 5 years?

B) List top three that have influenced you and why

A. I would have no idea how many books I’ve read over the past 5yrs. Sometimes I can go months even a year without reading anything and then I can read 10 books within a matter of months. This year I’ve read sound 30 (probably the most books I’ve read in a year though).

B. My top 3 are all from this year which has been my fastest growth year (thanks Covid!). 

1. A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

This is where I started to fully understand my thoughts were not my own, the role of the ego and how only the present exists.

2. A mind at home in itself by Byron Katie (her version of the Diamond Sutra)

This Book took me to the next level of questioning if anything was true really and seeing that every person/situation was there as a reflection and a chance to challenge beliefs that were causing my suffering.

3. The disappearance of the universe by Gary Renard. 

This book blew me away. I have a background in evangelical Christianity so the Christian language was perfect for me. This is where I realised it’s all not real. It’s a dream in the mind we created. We are dreaming whilst still with God and in the dream we believe we are separate and individual. We will wake up and this world will disappear when we forgive ourselves for the belief and remember there is only one and it’s pure love. Practising perfect forgiveness (as taught in a course of miracles) helps us to get back there (but this is not the only way - all ways lead back, some faster and some slower).