Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rNOW

How do you infuse your work with your spiritual practices/ awareness?

4 posts in this topic

I'm curious, if anyone who works in an industry that is seemingly an opposite from path of spirituality, something that thrives on consumerism, how do you blend the two? Or how do you keep them separate and why? How do you navigate through the conflict of values?

I'd like to hear your story or if you know of anyone who's done that. For example, someone working in the fashion industry, coming up with an idea of long lasting fabrics and setting a trend of wearing the same thing over and over again as a fashion statement, and yet making monetary profit off it? 

I know of many people who keep it separate, but I'd really like to know if anyone has blended it well together. 

@rNOW  of course this is key to the path. 

What’s wrong with fashion? It’s another form of art so I don’t see a conflict there, of course having 3 houses worth of clothes and shoes may not be the most conscious thing to do haha.

What exactly is your issue, so we can discuss your problems, what issues are you facing and what resistance are you having with your work? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I believe my issue has to do with values. So I work as an interior designer and I get this question all the time - "How does this look?" or "Will this look good?" And frankly, honestly, I don't care how it looks. I believe one shouldn't take any decisions based on how it looks, especially if you're going to be using something for a long time. But I find I need to work for people who are very very bent on how it looks at the cost of function and convenience and maintenance. And then I tend to lose interest in that project because it clashes with my personal values. My question is how do I keep interested in the work I'm doing if I believe I'm being a phony to myself? Or do I decide that I'm going to keep doing this until I can manage to bag projects that align with my values?

@rNOW How about valuing using your talents to bring happiness to another? Maybe when it’s not really about what you like - you’ll feel great and love that? Bringing happiness to your customers might be something you really, really, like. Maybe add a form of art into your life to express yourself only for yourself. 

Maybe attraction has something to do with this...

https://thechive.com/2019/11/21/the-most-attractive-jobs-for-men-and-women-according-to-tinder-swipes-21-photos/ ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE