Mary

The Difference Between The "do Nothing" Technique And Daydreaming

5 posts in this topic

What's the difference between the "Do nothing" technique and daydreaming? How to make sure I'm not daydreaming? And how can this technique actually help? I mean it's very similar to daydreaming. And surely daydreaming won't help to be in touch with reality.

@Mary

Hi Mary,

If you're interested, I think it would be more fruitful to inquire into why you hold no trust in a technique that is considered to be one of the most exquisite practice's to finding ones own true nature. 

In addition let me ask you, why do you think daydreaming itself is also NOT part of the "great perfection"?

Daydreaming is not the problem.  It's our relationship TO daydreaming that's the problem. 

Mal 

Edited by Mal

Ego is full of techniques... best, worse....20 minutes - 2 hours - 6 hours... 

Do nothing IS daydreaming! ;) 

Dreaming that you can be "in touch" with reality. 

You ARE reality. Search around you the concept of reality. Can you touch it? Eat it? smell it? feel it? It is a THOUGHT. Exactly like you :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Mary

The daydreaming part is your mind speaking out all the info that is echoing inside. Imagine a cave, you shout inside, isn't it inevitable that you will hear an echo? It's as out of control as a thought coming to you while doing nothing.

Actually it is the cleansing that will eventually let you quiet down and be aware finally. 

Imagine your mind is a patient, and you are it's therapist. Let it speak and don't say "I shouldn't think, im meditating." because this is actually the part that is most effective in releasing the drama.

Good luck on your journey : )

Do nothing technique is very powerful method according to my own experiences. If your awareness is not sharp enough, you will daydream as usual. The difference is in do nothing technique, you will see experiences as the way they are without labeling and identifying. Also you won't think of past or future. Not even one second to past or future. 

If you are day dreaming, you will be thinking about something. If you see something you'll think of whatever it is and think of what could it be or how it was there (stream of thought).

First, try not to label. Leo already talked about that in one of his videos. Also, watch his first spiritual video of ' You don't exist.'