Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raptorsin7

Overdosing on Meditation and Yoga

3 posts in this topic

How much meditation and/or yoga per day is required to  dramatically change one's mood and overall satisfaction in life. I have been in a rut recently, and I had the thought of basically "overdosing" on meditation and yoga, by practicing for 3+ hours per day, to see if i can dramatically improve the quality of my life. I have a lot of free time, and I can realistically practice yoga and meditation combined for 3+ hours per day. Is this an effective strategy? Is there an ideal amount of practice for a single day; at what point does diminishing returns kick in? Other thoughts?

The amount differs for each as each point in consciousness is specialized in uniqueness. You are the master of your craft, find what works best for you. Find where you feel absolutely amazing, remain there. Everything else takes care of itself, its built like that.

B R E A T H E

In my experience it's not an effective strategy. The amount of time you spend practicing increases as time progresses. It happens naturally. Too much too soon and you'll have backlash or give up. Realistically, you can only only build one habit at at a time. So, keep that in mind. Start small and go from there.