Commodent

High consciousness cookbooks?

4 posts in this topic

I really want to get good at making food, as I feel like it's something that will pay dividends for the rest of my life. But I feel like the main thing that has prevented me from committing is that I really don't know what to make. Sure, there are lots of recipes online, but there's almost too many and I'm not really motivated by sensual pleasures (which seems to be the main focus of most recipes and cookbooks). So I started wondering, might there be any cookbooks out there that promotes consciousness and holism? Because that would sure as hell motivate me to get cooking.

I could vaguely remember having heard about Ayurveda, a millennia old healing system that recognizes that certain ingredients are beneficial to certain body types etc. So I looked into it, and found one book that seems very interesting: Eat Feel Fresh by Sahara Rose Ketabi.

It seems promising, but I honestly have no clue about this kind of stuff. So I wondered if you guys have any good, holistic cookbooks to recommend? Preferably a book with stronger focus on principles (and less on recipes).

Edited by Commodent

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Someone shared the following book one day on the forum: 

I didn't read it personally, but it's from the Isha Foundation so it should contain valuable information.

I like the "How Not to Die Cookbook" by Dr. Michael Greger.

@Girzo  Thanks! I've been wanting to read "How Not to Die" for a while. Didn't know there was a separate cookbook.

I am myself, heaven and hell.