FuriousGeorge

Lifting weights, old angry self coming back

9 posts in this topic

I’ve recently started working out and lifting weights. I’ve always been active but have never done any weight training. I’m starting to feel anger bubbling up much quicker than it did before lifting, has anyone experienced this. I know biologically it could be due to testosterone surges but on a spiritual level, could it be due to strengthening my masculine side? I’ve spent the last few years of personal development working on my emotional and spiritual side, the more feminine side. I’m wondering if there is a feminine shadow and a masculine shadow ??‍♂️ Curious to hear your thoughts

Edited by FuriousGeorge
Spelling

@FuriousGeorge investigate the cause, perhaps the reason for weight lifting is to avoid doing something else or maybe there is a feeling of inferiority arising.

Try not to judge your anger, just notice it. The suppressed anger is frustration in relation to you 

Thanks DrewNows, The working out has actually come from a good place but I have had an aversion to exercise in the past. I had a pretty profound heart chakra moment that shifted the way I thought about being healthy and fit. It’s definitely coming from a place of self love now, I don’t think I’ve ever known what that was. I’ll certainly try not to judge the anger or irritability, the thought part is it’s sometimes aimed at my son who’s 6 so I have to be quick to apologize 

This video addresses this quite nicely: 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

20 hours ago, FuriousGeorge said:

Thanks! I love Paul Chek. Now... how to bring an easel to the gym ?

Just deep nasal breathing in between sets will put you in a more meditative state. And having a more internal focus on your body mechanics during the lift, instead of just externally focusing on moving weight from point A to point B. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

19 hours ago, FuriousGeorge said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise  Thanks! Yes breathing and staying calm will likely help

No prob, also dedicating some of your workouts to go out in nature and get away from the gym will be super good for you. Even if you dont have equipment, you can do a kickass bodyweight workout. Strength/mobility/balance, or explosive movements like burpees/sprints