ADD

Handling stress with multiple ongoing projects?

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'm running a business and studying at the university the same time. Without going too much in to details, i have lots of projects and tasks to deal with all the time. This causes me stress. There's lots of wisdom on this forum so i thought i'd ask how you have overcame taking stress about "external chaos" in your worklife?

Thanks!

Prioritise what value most, minimize the rest, and do so consciously. 

An Eisenhower matrix is a popular tool for this:

Edited by Knock

On 11/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, ADD said:

Hi!

I'm running a business and studying at the university the same time. Without going too much in to details, i have lots of projects and tasks to deal with all the time. This causes me stress. There's lots of wisdom on this forum so i thought i'd ask how you have overcame taking stress about "external chaos" in your worklife?

Thanks!

Don't be afraid to get some help. This was me for the past 7 years, consistently spread to thin. Just be strategic on who you reach out to. If you choose the wronge person it may cause more harm. What kind of business if I may ask? You might find someone here to collaborate with. 

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?

You can fall flat on your face trying to be a "yes man", "jack of all trades", or an "overnight Arnold Schwarzenegger".  Here are words to live by: 

halfassquote.jpg

Perhaps consider your current mentors; are you employing a healthy comparison (inspiration) with these overachievers, or are you trying to snap your fingers and achieve their success by compelling yourself to take on "productive chaos." Really, how many successful projects do you need? (hint: just one). 

Thank you for your replies, they help me alot!

@Bubba66 I'm glad you said that. My teachers, business coach and fellow students are telling me i'm sticking too much in my comfort zone when pursuing my goal as being the best in my field and focusing on that one thing. For me it feels like i'm wasting my time if i'm not doing those things that actually help me progress on my selected career. So there's lots of external pressure but i'll have to just stand my ground and tell them how it is.

Edited by ADD