aklacor727

Staying on track with goals

3 posts in this topic

I have spent the past few years consistently reading and watching self help and spiritual books and videos and feel as though I have a pretty solid big picture understanding on the areas I can further grow myself.  

However,  there is so many different areas with potential for growth lol. I know it is recommended to only focus on a couple at a time.  I have been dabbling recently in shadow work, and realized I have somewhat suppressed my emotions so I'm going to start with emotional awareness meditation, and working to integrate and resolve past traumas associated with this. 

I am looking for tips on how I can stay focused on just implementing a couple of different aspects into my life,  without getting distracted by the others and going too quickly or jumping from one thing to the other, idea to idea.  What do you find is helpful for staying on track with your short term goals, and not getting too all over the place with things? It's hard for me, as reading and listening to this content is a hobby I enjoy, however with all of that that I do, it's hard to stay focused as I'm always reminded of the other areas for potential growth.  

I find myself doing the same thing a lot of the time. I'm keen to focus on healing old traumas and i think it's a priority area for me. But i still find myself wanting to look at other areas and i lose focus.

See it like meditation. Notice your focus has wondered and bring your attention back to priority areas.