Revolutionary Think

I want to be a leader

2 posts in this topic

I just finished watching @Leo Gura blog about why the media is corrupt and thoroughly enjoyed it. Later he talked about how he didn't want a million other Leo's out there shooting self help video and how we can all be leaders with our own unique talents and abilities and I resonated with that so much. Ever since I was a young child I always wondered why I was the odd one out. I never enjoyed school, sports, parties, socializing, smoking, drinking, loud music, even sex. I was always living in my mind thinking about possibilities and creating ideas in my own head of what a world with infinite potential for greatness would look like. Like dreaming of people being able to do whatever made them happy, having higher levels of intelligence, and figuring out the secrets of the universe. I enjoyed science, technology, and video games. I enjoyed these things because they were interactive and with video games I would always be taken into new worlds to explore them and it wasn't passive it was active because I was controlling the character with the controller. I was labelled as having ADD and Asperger's syndrome because I had trouble socializing with the other kids and I would always fall asleep in school. YET I always wondered if there was really something wrong with me or something wrong with society at large and how it marginalized and labeled people like me with out ever getting to really understand me. Then as I got older and life starting getting more and more unbearable I started wondering why things were as screwed up as they were. Why did was school so boring and uninspiring? Why did my teachers hate their jobs? Why was the media always paying attention to stupid shit? Why did the average man not aspire to be something more than a 9 to 5 employee? Why instead of creating a more awesome society that's fun and happy was there so much misery and unconsciousness? As I asked these questions all the responses I got from other people were "that's just the way things are" the most intellectually lazy and shallow answer ever. Then I was pushed to the margins just because I didn't fit the mold of regular society. 

I was always wondering if I was messed up or I just saw things that other people didn't. If I saw things the way other people didn't I always wondered why that was. As I dove into the online world to find like minded people I saw people who understood these problems too and had similar back stories as I had yet, none of us understood why it was happening. That is until I stumble upon Leo and his actualized.org videos. Now after watching this so much of Leo's content I have such an amazing feeling of validation and liberation. I used to be so mad that other people weren't seeing things the way I was always wondering to myself what was wrong with people. Now I look at them not as bad people or people who bother me I just say that on the cosmic universal scale of things they are infants and no one is going to get angry at an infant for doing something stupid because they know that the infant doesn't know any better. It's really hard to look at your parents, your teachers, your college professors, and your community leaders as infants but, that's just the way things are. The cruel irony was that the same exact people who were supposed to guide me and raise me when I was younger weren't guided and raised in the proper way themselves I (and a lot of others) were caught in a vicious cycle way before they were even born as Leo calls it generation after generation were programmed by these mind parasites as children we really didn't stand a chance. 

One thing I've never forgotten is how I enjoyed it so much when I got to express these ideas in speech form. I always remember the day I got a standing ovation from all my classmates when I spoke about how lacking the school was in helping students and how I had ideas to change that. I feel that now in my current situation I really have a path to being the leader I always saw myself as. I recently got a job at Best Buy and as trivial as it may seem to some people for me it's such an amazing development. As a child I always enjoyed going to Best Buy and I had so many fond memories of going with my parents and getting to feel all the technology and just being around all that tech made me feel great. Now that I've gotten hired there I feel like I can work my way up the ranks I can bring so much consciousness into a company like that by the way I interact with it. Best Buy's mission is to enrich people's lives through technology and I think that's great and I've attached what the company believes in. Already I feel great when I work there and I've really never felt this happy ever since I took that vacation to Australia and New Zealand. I feel like this career opportunity is opening up a path for me to do great things combined with my natural knack for wanting to lead and doing public speaking. The amazing thing is I have this forum and whatever goes on at work or if there is an opportunity for growth I can come here and talk about it. 

best buy beliefs.PNG

I like your positive attitude and your action oriented approach to making a difference in the world. You can do it !