barcos

I’m stuck right now

4 posts in this topic

Currently I’m a highshool senior with no passion or direction in life,other than me seeing the wisdom in climbing the self actualization mountain and working towards the really valuable things in life.I’ve realized I’ve Spent most my life even now just surviving and coping to get by.I am dysfunctional,neurotic and deficiant in certain ways.Not completely to the point where I harm people around me simply to meet my needs,although I am sure I’m guilty of this.Im lost from never have known myself.I feel like I just ended up,washed up here where I am at randomly.Im currently starting to listen to my heart and intuition more than my brain in order to find my sense of authenticity.As well as starting to own my self as a whole and becoming independent from the careship (idk if that’s a word or not) of others.Due to the realization that the quality of my life is completely my hands.Overall my goals are to discover that which I enjoy,am interested in and feel motivated to explore.Second I am trying to take care of myself,on all levels.Physically,mentally and emotionally as well as spiritually.I am beginning my own path I know I have to think for myself and figure these things out myself but if any of this resonates with you,any help,advice or wisdom is greatly appreciated.

At your point in life, I had left a treatment center for depression and addiction, no idea what I wanted to do, where I wanted to go, who I wanted to be.

I didn't go to College after High School, but focused on making money, and becoming comfortable in my own skin. 

After working odd jobs across many states, and traveling the beautiful earth, I found myself.

So then after had realized what reality I found myself in and who I had become, it was time to focus on where I should take it.

This took time to find, I became an entrepreneur, spiritual, emotional, a husband, a writer, a creator, and right now I am working on independence.

Life gives you many paths, the point is to keep walking, sounds like that's what your doing.

Write a Quest out for yourself. The most important Goals or Achievements that would bring your life whatever it is you want to accomplish.  

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Being stuck is 100% ok, like you said, you are just beggining this path of self-sustainability, one need to start cutting down the brush to reveal the more concreate trajectory of it yet. So I would contemplate everyday about where the heart wants to ride this life to, what vision does ones deepest being want for ones life, and start turning it into plans and actions to move closer to the vision. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Don't forget to look for balance. At one hand you need to be integrated well in society because otherwise you won't have any economic value to it and it will be hard to get by just to survive. On the other hand society will try to suck out all of your individuality and creativity so you become this well behaved bee worker that is destined to just fulfill his employer own dreams.

The good news is that if you know what your own values and passions are you can work to incorporate them into your life and you will have a fulfilling life. 

So do you know your own values? Do you live up to them? What does it mean to live up to them?