a e l i

Self-developement Holiday

4 posts in this topic

In June I'm going on a vacation with my family for 10 days. No school, no work, no Internet. Just nature, the seaside and our tent.

I want it to be a healthy experience. Any suggestions? I'm planning on meditating, working out and thinking about stuff, but should I do anything else? Would it be better to bring some books to read/things for advancing in my life purpose, or should I completely disintoxicate from my regular lifestyle, sort of becoming a monk for 10 days? :D What would you do on a holiday like this?

@a e l i I would enjoy just being and being mindful throughout the 10 days. Don't bring anything to read but use your free time to contemplate , meditate, or just be present with whatever is in front of you. Pen and a journal would be neat when writing down deep contemplations. This may also be a way to connect with your family members in a deeper way not just as father/mother to son but as an individual to an individual. Enjoy :) 

@a e l i This sounds like a great opportunity for introspection! 

I agree with @JustinS and think you should use the time to meditate and look within yourself.

After all, what you find in books on enlightenment  - you can find all that and more contained within yourself!

Dive deep and you will find many pearls! Hope you have a lovely holiday :)

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

20 hours ago, a e l i said:

I want it to be a healthy experience. Any suggestions? I'm planning on meditating, working out and thinking about stuff, but should I do anything else?

Take advantage of the holiday as an opportunity to relax, introspect, meditate and practice mindfulness. But don't turn it in to some formal exercise. Don't put pressure on yourself to do this.. or that. Go with the flow, take it easy and relax. Don't worry if you can't cram in all the things you might like to do. Putting pressure on yourself will only detract from the quality of the experience.

20 hours ago, a e l i said:

What would you do on a holiday like this?

Relax, introspect, meditate and practice mindfulness. Just 'be' and not worry so much about doing.

Have a great time.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu