Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taurian91819

Does your life ever feel too busy?

12 posts in this topic

Hello ? everyone, 

I'm curious to know how busy your life is? How do you manage and balance your life especially when you have significant other/spouse/kid(s). When/what makes you feel like you need to slow the F down? 

I'm considered myself as a (too) busy person. I can't sit still and do nothing because I'm very high energetic, very active type of person. This leads me to a tendency of giving up on dating easily especially when I feel like I have to put too much time and effort into it.  

I works 12hrs  night shift from 6pm to 6am. I hit the gym 5 days a week. Here are my routine (rinse and repeat). 

Things that I do during my workweek:

When I get home from work: clean my food containers, pack multiple meals for long hours of work, shower, meditate, check mails then go to bed. 

When I wakeup: make my bed, make coffee and eat some nuts, go to the gym, make smoothie for post gym, take shower then head out to work 

Things that I do during my weekend:

Make my bed when I wake up, make coffee and eat some nuts, go to the gym, make smoothie or cook a meal post gym, do house chores (cleaning, laundries), cook lunch/dinner, grocery shopping, cook real/whole foods for my entire workweek, prepare healthy snacks for work. 

These are my weekend activities in between all the stuff above: read (internet news, forums, books), watch self-improvement/health/diet on YouTube, go for a walk mostly alone but with friend sometimes, get together and catch up with friends for lunch, run errands, talk to my families live in different states/country

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!! 

Edited by Taurian91819
Spellings, words

3 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Taurian91819 Have you seen Leo's video on Lifestyle Minimalism? I think it could give you some perspective on how to approach this situation 9_9

I am a newbie here. Although I've been watching/listening to his videos in the last few weeks, I haven't watched the one you recommended yet. Will do on my weekend. Thank you :)

Edited by Taurian91819
Grammar

People are one of two things. Either busy or lazy. It's really important to figure out which end of the spectrum you are so can you move towards a more healthy life style. I happen to lean more towards the lazy end of the spectrum so things like exercise and hanging out with friends really energizes me.

Do you work five 12 hours shifts? How many hours do you work per week?

You don't seem like an overly busy person. My schedule looks a lot like yours but I try to squeeze in one enjoyable activity per day.

If you are in fact a busy person then you may need to figure out what it is that you're avoiding and learn how to open up to it.

Night shift, painful stuff.I currently have too much time, enough so that I. Don’t know what to do with it. Eat, lift, sleep, read, play games, watch videos, part time PlumberOnly thing I don’t get about personal dev is how hard it is to engrain a new thought process into manifestation, suppose it’s repetition and iq. I work part time as an online trainer so I lift twice a day  usually. Cool insight. Into your routine though taurine. Btw I’ve heard night shift has risks of early cases of dementia, and to answer your question no I don’t feel too busy

Hi Taurian, you're a very coordinated and organized person. Respect!

I tend to avoid using the word "busy" in my dictionary, because if I use it, in my opinion, it means I don't know what I'm doing.

Even if I have a full day of schedule, I don't describe it as busy, it's simply working on my priorities (or errands), and fixing problems.

When you say you feel buys, do you mean you want to be more "balanced"?

What aspects of your life do you feel like you should have more of? It sounds to me that you've covered the most important aspects, such as work, health, and relationship. But maybe there's something missing?

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

14 hours ago, ivory said:

People are one of two things. Either busy or lazy. It's really important to figure out which end of the spectrum you are so can you move towards a more healthy life style. I happen to lean more towards the lazy end of the spectrum so things like exercise and hanging out with friends really energizes me.

Do you work five 12 hours shifts? How many hours do you work per week?

You don't seem like an overly busy person. My schedule looks a lot like yours but I try to squeeze in one enjoyable activity per day.

If you are in fact a busy person then you may need to figure out what it is that you're avoiding and learn how to open up to it.

I work on a compressed work week schedule. Shifts are 12 hours long and rotate from three to four days a week. I quit my desk job and switched to my current job where I constantly being on my feet all night. I couldn't be happier with my decision. 

I like the lifestyle of being busy and am willing to go the extra mile to do more than what is needed (I've recently started  working on how to overcome my perfectionist tendencies). Having something to do all of the time makes me feel happier. With that said, I of course enjoy some downtime especially when I feel overwhelmed by constantly on the go or a long list I have to get to. But downtime often leaves me uncomfortable and it makes me feel like an absolute slug lol

14 hours ago, louvar said:

Night shift, painful stuff.I currently have too much time, enough so that I. Don’t know what to do with it. Eat, lift, sleep, read, play games, watch videos, part time PlumberOnly thing I don’t get about personal dev is how hard it is to engrain a new thought process into manifestation, suppose it’s repetition and iq. I work part time as an online trainer so I lift twice a day  usually. Cool insight. Into your routine though taurine. Btw I’ve heard night shift has risks of early cases of dementia, and to answer your question no I don’t feel too busy

Working a long 12hrs night shift,  giving up Fri-Sat and the most part of Sunday isn't fun and is not for everyone though. I've been doing this for almost 2 years and I'm pretty happy with my choice so far. 

Yeah, night shifts can be unhealthy because for some people it can lead to them sleeping less, eating unhealthy, lacking of sunlight etc... But those things are not hard to manage or adjust so one can still get enough sleep, exercise, and eat a healthy diet. Luckily my schedule is a compressed workweek where I work 12 hours and rotate from three to four days a week. I am so blessed to be able to switch my sleep patern from day to night and vice versa without any problems. 

You seem to have a pretty good work-life-leisure schedule. Being able to lift twice daily like you is awesome! Upper body and lifting workouts is my favorite and I'm always looking forward to getting back to it. 

Edited by Taurian91819
Misspellings

3 hours ago, denydritz said:

Hi Taurian, you're a very coordinated and organized person. Respect!

I tend to avoid using the word "busy" in my dictionary, because if I use it, in my opinion, it means I don't know what I'm doing.

Even if I have a full day of schedule, I don't describe it as busy, it's simply working on my priorities (or errands), and fixing problems.

When you say you feel buys, do you mean you want to be more "balanced"?

What aspects of your life do you feel like you should have more of? It sounds to me that you've covered the most important aspects, such as work, health, and relationship. But maybe there's something missing?

Thank you for your kind words! 

Yes, a well balance is something I need in my life, it can be hard to feel balanced when I always keep myself busy all the time. Maybe I'm one of those who are addicted to being busy lol. To be honest though, sometimes it’s because I’m simply not using my time in the best ways (perfectionist tendencies). I tend to stress myself out from time to time when I have incomplete tasks or my routine got messed up. 

I used to be a people pleaser. I was taught to be self-sacrifice, to be nice, to be kind and respectful to others. I grew up always seeking for approval and validation especially in relationship. It consumed decades of my life and I felt like a dismal failure. It took me a great deal of time to come to a realization that people pleasing never ever works. I've been focusing on self-improvement, self-care and self-love as soon as I realized depending on others to approve and validate me, I'm giving them the power over me. So I took my power back lol ?

I try to prioritize and take care of myself without feeling selfish. I feel like I have a gazillion things I want to do but I don't have enough time. Keeping up with work, family & friends, relationship, my hobbies, passions and self-care often feels like a never-ending tasks.

Edited by Taurian91819
Wordings

Seems to me you're on the right track. Observe yourself, remain curious, and keep doing what you're doing.

1 minute ago, Taurian91819 said:

@ivory thank you. 

7 hours ago, ivory said:

Seems to me you're on the right track. Observe yourself, remain curious, and keep doing what you're doing.

Force yourself to do nothing for 30 minutes every day. Just sit on a chair and observe. And no thinking and day dreaming as well, it is ok to drift away as long as you pull yourself back again. 

Needing to do "stuff" is an addiction. If you are not used to it then sitting for even 10 minutes will feel like torture but that's one of the way how to start fighting your demons :)

Daily meditation is the other, more obvious ones although the 2 techniques are more or less the same. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus