Ampresus

Getting attention from too many people at once, what do I do?

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Recently it has come clear to me that I seem to have elevated my social status in my school. People talk to me regularly, greet me, joke with me and say goodbye to me. Compared to my previous year, I seem to be doing great. My thing is that sometimes there are 2 girls calling my name from different directions while I am talking to my mate about economy class. Or when I am talking with a girl from my class and a classmate of mine calls my name. These scenarios where multiple people try to communicate with me leave me confused.

If I ignore the calling, they usually tell me later that I ''skipped'' them. More importantly, I see my male mates as higher priority than attention from girls, yet sometimes I have this urge to ignore them for attention from girls. I have no clue how to act on this accordingly. What do I do?

(I notice that my teachers ignore me until they're done with the person they're talking with, and copying their way of dealing with this might make me come over as a ''teacher'')

Notice their yelling, look over at them happily, make a hand gesture while mouthing, "One Second bro".

School is fun, so many personalities, you can change so much. 

Don't Ignore them, just live your life and include them when it fits.

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

4 hours ago, Chakra Lion said:

Notice their yelling, look over at them happily, make a hand gesture while mouthing, "One Second bro".

^^^^^ This

And the teacher thing, having whoever wait if they can see you are already talking to someone. If they cant wait, then talk with them later and dont worry about it. 

As a nurse I have patient's families interrupting me and the pts all the time. I've started to handle this differently lately, by saying, "you'll have to wait until we are done with what we are talking about, then I'll get to your question". It doesnt always work, but I try.

Good luck. It's a good problem to have. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?