Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wouter

Whas This An Enlightenment Experience? (from My Sister)

5 posts in this topic

I had a conversation with my sister and we talked about philosophy and physics and that kind of stuff. And all of a sudden my sister she tells "she has it again" and  she grasped (literally) the ground with her hands and her face made it obvious she had a scar eperience.  And then she told that she sometismes feels that "she is nothing" and that she eperiences an "emptiness" and that it is really really scary and that she then always tries to focus on something different to stop this feeling. When I heard it seemed to match with wath leo tells about the "emptiness" and the "nothingness". And wich is even more, she tells it  happens always when she asked "who am I"...

She isn't into spirituality so to mee it seems like it is really a realisation she had and not a belief.

She always suppressed it until now. So now my question is, whas this an enlightenment experience? And what should I tell her so she can expercience the beauty of it instead of the fear (from the ego). I already told her that such an experience could be positive because she becomes "one with reality" in that moment..

How should she deal with it the next time? What should I tell her to help her as much?

I am pretty mind blown actually..

@Wouter It's hard to say. She "grasped the ground" purposely? What kind of an obvious experience was on her face? She didn't black out or anything, right?

39 minutes ago, Wouter said:

She isn't into spirituality so to mee it seems like it is really a realisation she had and not a belief.

Children experience this with no knowledge of spiritually at all. Anyone can when they are ready.

sounds like a depersonalization episode or an egos knee-jerk reaction against seeing the truth, or maybe both

i'll link you a video where shinzen explores the relationship between enlightenment and depersonalization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zIKQCwDXsA

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@Lorenzo Engel It sounds like she got a good dose of no-self and it bought her to her knees. There has been a lot of that lately. Hopefully that's all it is and she will be fine. She may be confused and a bit frightened right now.

@cetus56 agreed, dp seems to me very very similar to the separate self refusal to accept the truth, in a chronical manner. drawing the line here is somewhat tricky

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."