Gnostic Christian

Was god choosing Jesus just; or should the Father have chosen the cross for himself?

48 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, abrakamowse said:

In what part of the Bible Jesus himself says that he was going to die to pay for the sins of those who believe in him?

I have never seen it but that is the Christian take.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:11 PM, abrakamowse said:

I didn't find that anywhere in the Bible. Only his disciples interpret what he did in that way. I was a Christian (Evangelical) and everyday that passes I am more and more convinced that the disciples of Jesus didn't understand anything of what he was trying to say.

Ditto on your first.

Jesus was not given that divine power until Constantine forced the stupid Trinity concept down the church's throat.

Whatever Jesus wanted to say was said by Rome that authored the bible.

They, fortunately, forgot to take out some of the better stuff that the Gnostic Jesus said.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards

DL

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 7:21 AM, Conscious life said:

@Gnostic Christian you don't have to throw the trinity concept like a Garbage, because century of saints and sages have contemplated about and they hardly gave their life to understand this concept. 

You can use them as an instrument to go to truth and understand. 

The Holy trinity 

❝Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;❞

—Hebrews 5: 8 (KJV)

Yes I will send my child to death for his benefits. When you give a child a medicine that is hard to swallow it's his for his benefit, even though it is bitter and hard to swallow later it becomes beneficial. 

The father did the same thing, in order to reward Jesus the kingdom he has to obedience. 

Learned, while scriptures say that god is perfect and never changes.

Nice to hear that you would send your child to die instead of being man enough to do it yourself.

You are the first I meet who is such a vile father.

So much for women and children first. Cowards can never be moral, coward.

Regards

DL

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:27 AM, remember said:

my whole life i have always been trying to understand this and still i don`t understand it and still i don`t get it and still i want to wear this star on my chest.

No moral human would.

Regards

DL

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:59 AM, remember said:

@Gnostic Christian i blessed only the ones forsaken, it`s not satanic, we usually forsake ourselves. that`s what christ teaches us.

You do not have that power and never will get it from your genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Regards

DL

On 10/9/2019 at 7:14 AM, Gnostic Christian said:

Was god choosing Jesus just; or should the Father have chosen the cross for himself?

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Chose here means Jesus being chosen to be the messiah and sacrifice to the Father. It also means the Father, --- and Judge in this case, --- deciding to demand and accept  what is synonymous to a bribe.

That is an evil act to most people.

If you were the god you are to emulate, would you send your child to die or would you step up?

Should sons bury fathers or should fathers bury sons?

Regards

DL

@Gnostic Christian Apparently, Abraham was willing to stab his son to death and burn his body in blood sacrifice.

Question 1: If your neighbor told you that God told him to take his little son Timmy to a nearby hill, stab him and burn his body for God, would you praise him for being a holy man or would you call the cops?

Question 2: Assuming you would call the cops, do you also think that Abraham was just as bad/crazy? Why do Christians praise Abraham but denounce people who kill their children because they say God told them to? I dont think they fully thought that through :)

Edited by Matt8800

29 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@Gnostic Christian Apparently, Abraham was willing to stab his son to death and burn his body in blood sacrifice.

Question 1: If your neighbor told you that God told him to take his little son Timmy to a nearby hill, stab him and burn his body for God, would you praise him for being a holy man or would you call the cops?

Question 2: Assuming you would call the cops, do you also think that Abraham was just as bad/crazy? Why do Christians praise Abraham but denounce people who kill their children because they say God told them to? I dont think they fully thought that through :)

You are talking of a Jewish book that they applied Midrash to.

Any father who would kill his son is not a moral man, be he Abraham or anyone else.

Any god who would ask for such a sin is a prick of a high order. Satanic in fact.

Think like a Jew.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards

DL

Edited by Gnostic Christian

3 hours ago, Gnostic Christian said:

You do not have that power and never will get it from your genocidal son murdering prick of a god.

Regards

DL

who said that my god was a genocidal one who said what god i am not prayng to and what god/ess is mine to support. believe and trust are two different concepts while trust doesn`t mean we can`t know that trust is a concept if there is no contractor we can trust into. trust and mistrust, believe and disbelieve can only get us cold turky if we don`t know its opposite. it`s sad that believe and trust are concepts and  that we can`t rely on them, i am not a christian by the way i was born confessionless. it`s a prejudice to asign me to any god i didn`t choose, because i never really chose one and still if there is it`s all just one, if anything it chose me to be or not to be to choose and not to choose and i usually am not really a contractor to any but am still in a relationship to that what creation assigns me to be. it´s not that i don`t believe, it`s not that i don`t trust, sometimes it`s even maybe too much of it. foolishness is difficult to overcome. i`m not praying to a genocidal god, the genocidal god is like a memorial monument for me. power/force is nothing i n/ever chose therefore power/force will not choose me.

Edited by remember

This is not a religious forum. Read the forum guidelines. No religious debates please.