JayFueel

Discovered My Life's Purpose - The next step for VR

4 posts in this topic

I have always been attracted to the prospect of creating worlds from scratch for others to experience. Beginning at age 10 (i'm 22 now) I would scour the internet for how I could make video games.

I started off by creating simple 2D games through drag and drop.

Making these games were fun; however, I knew that I would need to learn actual programming if I ever wanted to create sophisticated 3D experiences so I made it my next priority to graduate with a computer science degree. I knew that I wanted to provide profound experiences for people and I knew that VR was the future, I just had no idea how I would make these two relate to each other.

Recently I've been hearing a lot about sensory deprivation tanks which are capable of allowing you to stop feeling your body altogether. You exist as pure thought. I had to try this out as it sounded like a once in a lifetime experience, and believe me when I say it's as amazing as it sounds. Right in the middle of the session, I knew that my life's purpose is to implement VR in conjunction with sensory deprivation.

I'm not sure how this will all play out; however, for the first time ever I feel like I have found a niche that would perfectly align with my creativity.

Edited by JayFueel