TrynaBeTurquoise

Any Oneironauts here or ones studying lucid dreaming?

23 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2019 at 6:11 AM, MAYA EL said:

My definition of a lucid dream is when all of a sudden no matter what the dream is no matter what you're doing in the dream it's just like a lightning bolt hits you and the realization holy crap I'm Dreaming right now I'm laying in my bed which is in a blah blah blah room right beside blah blah blah I have to get up at this time in the morning to do this thing yeah I'm right here right now I have full control and then you do some like Jedi mind trick and Crush something with your mind or pick it up if your mind or something like that and you can stop what everybody's doing and say I want the answer to this or I'm going to do this and basically have complete control of your dream that is my definition of lucid dreaming and yes people can be different like I said it gets old when you've been doing it over 20 years and that's not a false statement because I've  experienced it meaning it's true just because you don't experience it does not mean it's not true that's all I meant by my statement .

All my dreams have in a way, to different degrees, been lucid dreams since 16 after I had the clear experience that this is also a dream during a mushroom trip, which has continuously developed. (edit, though I also continuously practiced before and after)

That what you are describing sounds more like a typical surface level lucid dream, like surface level waking mind, it's not similar to the psychedelic levels of depth you can have, and it has nothing inherently to do with control. And yes I agree, those 'omg I can control my dream' states which you can have in the beginning, get old really fast, because it's all about your ego and your control,

The first 1 or 2, maybe 3, dreams after deep sleep are of deep psychedelic quality, but are rarely every remembered or experienced consciously by most people. Life and dreams are beautiful by surrender and harmony with the flow, not through control solely. :)

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

22 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Thats like saying waking life gets boring because you've experienced it all your life. Unless you are depressed it never gets boring, there are always exciting things to do.

The possibilities you can utilize your lucidity in a dream for are endless. You just aren't aware or haven't put in the effort to take full advantage of it. Use it to face your greatest fears (dont tell me you dont have fears), use it to rehearse events for waking life, use it to practice or perfect a skill or technique. Use it to fulfill any egoic desires that distract you in your waking life. If you already have the valuable skill/gift of becoming lucid when you want, don't waste it. Other people would kill for that. 

On 10/8/2019 at 9:14 AM, AlwaysBeNice said:

I have had 1000's of lucid dreams as well.

Perhaps we stumble over definitions, a lucid dream means you are aware that you are a in a dream, it's not something you can do.

And dreams tend to be more profound than people can usually remember after, (if you can remember them really consciously after, you can remember how profound they are, almost experiencing them again, like a dmt-trip, very different than a vague memory which can make it seem like some dulled down thing)

, but still I suppose people can be wired so differently they don't find dreams so interesting, hard to imagine from my point of view but what do I know.

I want you to take a minute to put some thought into the situation and think about this if I've been lucid dreaming and or had the ability to lucid dream at will for over 20 years don't you think I would have done a lot of that?. I'm not going to defend something that's a fact in my reality which is that lucid dreaming get old it loses its pizzazz and it not something you will always desire to do.

. A good example would be the desire to get laid and how the difference between an eighteen-year-old red-blooded American male and a 89 year old man with the testosterone levels of probably a female field mouse differ you can just ask them the old man probably doesn't want it as much as the young man does and the young man couldn't fathom going a week without some form of getting off let alone the last time he was laid was  1978 he just can't imagine.

I guess it boils down to exploration maturity.

Edited by MAYA EL

17 hours ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

All my dreams have in a way, to different degrees, been lucid dreams since 16 after I had the clear experience that this is also a dream during a mushroom trip, which has continuously developed. 

That what you are describing sounds more like a typical surface level lucid dream, like surface level waking mind, it's not similar to the psychedelic levels of depth you can have, and it has nothing inherently to do with control. And yes I agree, those 'omg I can control my dream' states which you can have in the beginning, get old really fast, because it's all about your ego and your control,

The first 1 or 2, maybe 3, dreams after deep sleep are of deep psychedelic quality, but are rarely every remembered or experienced consciously by most people. Life and dreams are beautiful by surrender and harmony with the flow, not through control solely. :)

I was just giving A example of a typical way to experience lucid dreaming in order to get my point across.

And try not to get too caught up and psychedelics although they can be a radical ride fundamentally speaking orgasmic mind experiences don't fundamentally do that much for you in the end