Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ttom

Nothing Now

3 posts in this topic

I was sitting on a hill under a small oak tree, looking out over a dimly lit city. It was dark and a cool breeze blew softly on my face. I had come to do self-enquiry but the mind seemed to be pulling towards contemplation. After acknowledging there was no control in the matter, the mind began to wander.

The thoughts followed a familiar trail into the existential void and a question arose. “If there was not Now, what would there be?”. To which the answer was “Nothingness”. If there is not now. Then there is nothing.

"Then what is Now?" When duality breaks down. When there is no perception of opposites, then everything merges into one. "Now is Everything"
 If now is everything, then now is also nothing. “Now is also nothingness”

If the only alternative to now is nothingness, and now is also nothing. Then no matter whether you are in the now or nothingness there is still nothing. There is no escaping nothing ;)

Direct experience is far more important than this kind of thinking, but I always enjoy new ways to conceptualize the illusion of existence.

That's right, everywhere is nowhere, everything is nothing, and everywhen is nowhen.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Pregnant nothingness the nothingness that is nowhere and everywhere. It's everything and nothing. Between nothing and everything is. Everything equals 0, it's perfect contradiction.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi