Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexis Rodman

Safe Investing Methods?

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My name is Alexis, I am currently looking to make my money grow in a manner that is deemed less risky. More specifically, given talks of the looming recession, I am trying to slowly shift my capital away from stocks/ investments into a high yield savings account. Would any industry experts be able to give me any insight to whether I should look into depositing into CDs or any other alternatives? Any input is much appreciated.

Ideally looking for: savings accounts with higher upside or interest rates above what banks are currently offering.

CD’s are a good option. So are money market accounts as well.  CDs are FDIC insured, so that helps on the risk side of things, but typically have a lockup period otherwise you incur a penalty.  Credit Unions typically offer higher rates which vary depending on their offerings. For me personally, I use ETF’s that invest in 1-3 year T-Bills. With these, they yield just over 2% plus they have good liquidity. The downside here is commission cost, but now some brokers now offer no trading fees.  Hope this helps.

Look at how much percent the dollar inflates every year. It's usually the investor that is risky and not the investment. You could really make an investment out of a lot of stuff. Hobbies with items, businesses, etc. 

If you want to lose money every year, then those would be a good option to invest in. If you have a lot of liquid capital and want it on the sidelines, then go for it. But I assume most CDs will have a penalty if you decide to withdraw it. 

I could tell you a bunch of different investments that would be "good", but it wouldn't really be doing you any favors. You need to learn a lot in the field if you plan to invest in if you want minimize risk and maximize profits. If you just want to stick some money away go talk with your local banks and see what interest rates they offer. 

Education and experience will be your best bet if you want to progress. 

Read Money: Master the Game - 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom by Tony Robbins. I read it and wow! It was very powerful. It talks about how to achieve financial freedom with the right mix of investments. A must read imo

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003