Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hansu

Why does Joker strike fear in some people?

4 posts in this topic

Ah Joker. He is a man who wants to put a smile on everyone's face after one night that his crazy father gets a little crazier than usual. Her mother gets a kitchen knife to defend herself and as he snaps it off her hands he noticed that his son, the Joker is looking at them horrified. He walks over to his son and asks him "why so serious?". He cant answer, so he asks again "why so serious?!" and sticks the knife in his mouth, slicing and giving him his permanent smile

This is just one of the origin stories Joker uses of himself from time to time. Sometimes to psychologically scar people before giving them their permanent smile, sometimes to psychologically win them over for pity.

And now to the Joker movie that is about to come out in a few days. Its an alternative view to his origin story, one in which he is raised from childhood by his mother to always put a smile on his face and laugh. His mothers prophecy to his future is that he will become world's best comedian, one who gets everyone to laugh.

He tries for years doing different kinds of gigs and even trying to entertain people while doing short term jobs that have nothing to do with comedy. He keeps on trying to fulfill his mothers dream, but never gets anyone to laugh. But he's not someone to give up on trying, so he will find a way to make people laugh.

Why does this movie strike fear in some people? People are claiming that this movie will encourage incels to start killing people for no reason, and I just don't see why. Call of Duty isn't turning veterans into murderers nor is any other videogame even though there was like 10 year period when people were afraid that videogames are raising boys to be murderers.

Is there some other fear that strikes to there people's hearts which has caused them to roar in opposition?

Edited by Hansu

I see the Joker, Harly Quinn and ICP fan's as being in a vibrational match to anger at society and mental instability.  It's a red flag that says i'm edgy and immature. 

@2_spirit

Lets imagine that 90% of the fans of Joker and other such villains that use psychology to cause terror would be angry at the society and depressive.

Wouldnt a movie of a villain they can identify as lower their tendencies to act in the real world? Wouldnt these people more likely numb down after seeing their wildest fantasies come true rather than spark their passion to act on their suffering in societal destructive ways?

Personally I see that majority of Joker fans are people who love to see psychology used as a terror weapon. Thats a type of villain that the society has refused to provide us for thousands of years. All we got is black and white fantasy, like Sauron is ultimate evil or Thanos is ultimate evil, or Superman is ultimate good. Movie like The Joker is a great step towards more complex stories which dont rely on backgrounds that can be summed up in "Alien from another planet" or "My dad forced me to smile" or "USA turned a rifleman into supersoldier". Joker feels like a human gone nuts, not like an alien gone nuts. This is also why I also love batman, his background is complex too.

I guess it could be that people are afraid of a villain whom they dont understand, or they identify with too much? Like if they came up with a supervillain that was exactly like Batman but turned evil because he had trouble growing up because of depression and anxieties, that would probably cause a huge backlash

3 hours ago, 2_spirit said:

I see the Joker, Harly Quinn and ICP fan's as being in a vibrational match to anger at society and mental instability.  It's a red flag that says i'm edgy and immature. 

Yeah, it’s very dangerous.

what kid of message does the movie title:

“suicide squad” 

give off subconsciously to those who are already full of angst and resentment...

Edited by samedm9