electroBeam

Now it's my turn to have a break up

3 posts in this topic

I'm struggling with some issues and need guidance on how to get better.

I have been in a relationship for 2-3 years. As far as im concerned this person was perfect for me. Understood me, satisfied my intimacy, gave me love and support. I have sacrificed part of my career, my parent's relationship with me, and uni for this person.

Recently she said she doesn't have feelings for me anymore. She use to love me but now we have just grown apart. She is attached to me and loves me but can't see a future with me. Our interests are different(mine is spirituality, shamanism, etc hers is having a baby, having a family, etc) and feels we are not compatible.

This is surprising, I didn't expect this. We barely fight, we do activities together, we have intimacy. 

She doesn't want to break up now, but I can feel it's going to happen some time in the future. I sincerely appreciate her for giving me a warning rather than just leaving randomly one day. True respect for that. 

I basically have no friends, haven't talked to girls in ages. I barely connect with human beings because I'm autistic, so different than everyone, and view the world differently. I am concerned i won't find anyone again.

How do I find someone who is mature, caring/loving, open minded and accepting? What spiritual groups are great to meet people? What type of personal development do I need to do to overcome my fears? Therapy? Self esteem?

I don't want to make things worse with my current relationship. I regret not being better and for the last months of it want to make her feel as cared for as possible. I don't want to have any regrets of not trying my hardest or being my best. If it's going to end, I want to end it on a very good note.

You never know...things might turn around. Focus on your relationship and "listen" to what shes saying she wants. Sometimes guys are bad listeners or they think they are listening, but they fail to understand or take action. 

She might be giving you a warning...to shape up or your out!

Anyways, good luck to you. Any break up is painful and rough, if it comes to that. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

I can't see how spirituality is apart from having a family. For me, being married and having a family is an authentic spiritual path. Maybe you should try reconciling interests ☺️

Also, one thing to have in mind is that for women, this decision of having babies weight hard in the balance because we only are able to achieve it until certain age. Imagine that you are a girl and you started a relationship when you were young and didn't think about having babies yet. Then you are older and still in the same relationship and your guy doesn't think about it. If he decides he doesn't wanna children and you want, you still will need time for finding someone after the break up, consolidating this new relationship and then having babies with this person. Time is precious!