Gladius

Can creativity be "damaged"?

3 posts in this topic

I'm working a frustrating boring job which I can pretty much combine with my creative projects.

My worry is that all the hours I invest in that job end up "damaging" my creativity somehow, so I'm constantly thinking of quitting the job and living from my savings to "keep the spark alive". The problem is I already tried that in the past and I ended up reapplying to my former company.

Any views or experience on that?

Thank you very much!

Creativity can be damaged in the following sense: if you feel creative urges yet you ignore them because of fear about practical matters like money, etc, and if you do that long enough, eventually you will lose your soul and turn into a zombie.

You must act on your creative passions. In a sensible and non-reckless way.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

-- Gospel of Thomas

Why are you wasting a minute of your life doing anything which isn't your highest creative passion? Can you see how foolish and inefficient such action is? You are pissing millions of dollars of value down the drain this way. Your time should be your most precious commodity. Don't sell it to fools for pennies.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Thanks Leo! I didn't mention I'm still in the "mastery" process, so still I have never been paid for this craft. As soon as I foresee just the smallest income, I'll jump into it.