randombodymind

Is Reincarnation Real?

51 posts in this topic

Just now, Ayla said:

let go of the "think"? 

look in your own experience. what is there that is REAL? 

In my experience just the I AM

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

In my experience just the I AM

:-)

are you?? 

What tells you that you are? aside thoughts I mean. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

1 hour ago, Ayla said:

are you?? 

What tells you that you are? aside thoughts I mean. 

When I don't think,  there's something permanently there.  Awareness. 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

I had also a dream,  but now I think it wasn't a dream. I think it was T/R (Truth Revealed)  where I was conscious of being alive,  but no identity. Completely alone and I was nowhere.  Everything was black,  like no light.

10 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

When I don't think,  there's something permanently there.  Awareness. 

Even the most advanced meditators cannot "not think" for too long.... Where is that awareness when you DO think? Does it disappear somewhere? Maybe in that blackness from your dream? :P 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

6 hours ago, Makis said:

True. And when you focus on that, do you see any boundaries to it? Besides those made by thoughts.

At those moment I forget everything, who and what I am, I am just "being" and focused on a task or doing nothing. I don't see boundaries.

Edited by abrakamowse

6 hours ago, Ayla said:

Even the most advanced meditators cannot "not think" for too long.... Where is that awareness when you DO think? Does it disappear somewhere? Maybe in that blackness from your dream? :P 

It doesn't disappear, it's there but for some reason I follow more the thoughts than the awareness. I feel the awareness like bigger than me and different from what I fell I am... and the thoughts of "I am this (body, mind, etc)"  I feel then more like this is what I am, the thoughts, etc.

And I'm trying to transcend "that" with meditation, because I can't do nothing about it.
:P

Or maybe I can... I am really like waiting for something to happen... maybe I don't have to wait... but I am not that "I"... I must be the other "I"... but wait, there's no "I"... Omg...

LOL

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

LOL

That's cool. Now if the awareness was "bigger", how big would it be? And you how small and looking at it from which point? 

That's just for you to exhaust that mind... 

But if you REALLY want to get it done with, meditate on this one: 

Imagine for a moment a scene:

Ocean arriving at shore. There has been a storm and there's a lot of agitation. Waves are high on the side that has sand on, lower where there are rocks.. Consider in your mind's eye, if you can, how the waves hit the rocks here and the sand there, then the waves splash over a rock, and then calm down a little in a sandy place, before disappearing. 

Now.....Does the wave choose any of its directions? Is it even really a separate entity different from the water deposited in it, the rocks, the depressions in the ground, the sand, the weather conditions etc? Is it even the same entity moment by moment, or is it more the product of environmental conditions and water, the sand, the rain and the storm, like an an ever-changing pattern?

Now, consider: can you find anywhere where 'I' autonomously intervenes into life, choosing something that is not the product of all the elements, that is not a part of the overall flow? 

Really look honestly at it... and find out if you are any different than the wave. Do it over and over again, instead of circulating all sorts of mumbo jumbo in your mind :) 

<3

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

44 minutes ago, Ayla said:

That's cool. Now if the awareness was "bigger", how big would it be? And you how small and looking at it from which point? 

That's just for you to exhaust that mind... 

But if you REALLY want to get it done with, meditate on this one: 

Really look honestly at it... and find out if you are any different than the wave. Do it over and over again, instead of circulating all sorts of mumbo jumbo in your mind :) 

<3

Ok @Ayla Thanks!!! I will do that! Why did you move to Greece? I need you here! Lol

Edited by abrakamowse

Thanks so much for all the wisdom guys. Helped me process this in a healthy way. Also cheers Leo for the new video.

Couldn't be more timely. This is the best answer i've gotton so far and i'll just go with this for now. Sounds like more fun anyway :)

Edited by randombodymind

The author of Beginner's Mind Zen Mind, Shunryu Suzuki has a nice quote...

"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity."