randombodymind

Is Reincarnation Real?

51 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You gotta wonder, what is it exactly that's being "reincarnated"? The thing you think of as you -- the personality and ego -- ain't anything solid. It doesn't even stay the same in one lifetime. And the soul -- well, it too doesn't really exist.

Matt Kahn in an interview in this reaction: Than it is the one that has experienced those past reïncarnation. It was so funny yet genius.

Life is when awareness hides in the idea of personal experience. ~ Matt Kahn

I think we cannot really understand reincarnation until we fully awaken, because the very concept of separate mind and body is somewhat incompatible with the principle of reincarnation.

Personally what I (my ego) would like to take with me to the next life is my personal "achievements", memories, thoughts, concepts - everything that creates the false self which I'll be happy to drop in this very life. Once the false self is dissolved, what is left? What is IT that will be carried to the next life? I have no clue, all I know is that it will be impersonal.

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

yeah cool, I remember you said "be the one that you cannot grasp"

Edited by 30secs
just nothing

21 hours ago, Jan Odvarko said:

Personally what I (my ego) would like to take with me to the next life is my personal "achievements", memories, thoughts, concepts - everything that creates the false self which I'll be happy to drop in this very life. Once the false self is dissolved, what is left? What is IT that will be carried to the next life? I have no clue, all I know is that it will be impersonal.

The only idea that comes to my mind about that, could be that all those "achievements, personality, etc" are like energy that can be transferred to a consciousness and it will have to overcome that personality to come back to consciousness again.

That's the only thing I can think of... (so far... )

:P

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

If you eat a pear, where does it go? Does it become you? What's the separation between you and the pear then? Does the pear reincarnate? If so, into what? And who chooses? And how many times? and when? and where did the pear come from in the first place? ... we can go on and on... and on mind and imagination and intellect go... and where do those come from? And where is the separation? Can you find one? The one thinking it is incarnated and one? .... oops! on and on it can go! 

:) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Here there's some kind of explanation, the concept of reincarnation is a misunderstanding, in fact has more to do with the law of Karma. I found this article "googling"

You can read the whole article here:

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/reincarnation.htm

Here there's an interesting part of the article:

"Karma is a Sanskrit word from the root "Kri" to do or to make and simply means "action." It operates in the universe as the continuous chain reaction of cause and effect. It is not only confined to causation in the physical sense but also it has moral implications. "A good cause, a good effect; a bad cause a bad effect" is a common saying. In this sense karma is a moral law.

Now human beings are constantly giving off physical and spiritual forces in all directions. In physics we learn that no energy is ever lost; only that it changes form. This is the common law of conservation of energy. Similarly, spiritual and mental action is never lost. It is transformed. Thus Karma is the law of the conservation of moral energy.

By actions, thoughts, and words, man is releasing spiritual energy to the universe and he is in turn affected by influences coming in his direction. Man is therefore the sender and receiver of all these influences. The entire circumstances surrounding him is his karma."

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse please, you know better than this... 

Who's MORAL ? 

Good/bad? Who's the judge? Have you found one? 

Physics? Which century? 

Most importantly: do those "teachers" have something more than YOU do? ...according to whatever law you want to consider. Are they better? How? 

What you are reading, are WORDS! Find your truth! 

Take a look inside of you! 

:)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 minutes ago, Ayla said:

@abrakamowse please, you know better than this... 

Who's MORAL ?

You're right  @Ayla ... it's my ego's fault trying to be the one who is "right" or I don't know... my bad.

Thanks for bringing me back!!! hehehehe.

;)

Edited by abrakamowse

1 minute ago, abrakamowse said:

You're right  @Ayla ... it's my ego's fault trying to be the one who is "right" or I don't know... my bad.

Thanks for bringing me back!!! hehehehe.

;)

Fault = there's a right and a wrong

Who's the fucking judge? :P 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Fault = there's a right and a wrong

Who's the fucking judge? :P 

I am?

:-P

I am?

:-P

YOU tell ME ! :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla

To be honest, I don't think the reincarnation concept is right. But I don't understand why so many teachers talk about it. And I was listening about some ideas that reincarnation is not really our ego reincarnating so I was like in a period of study.

I would like to know what Buddha exactly said about the concept of reincarnation.

Edited by abrakamowse

I would like to know what Buddha exactly said about the concept of reincarnation.

Why? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

1 minute ago, Ayla said:

Why? 

Good question... you know what?... forget it

Lol

@abrakamowse

No no... I'm not at all trying to trick you. 

I'm just trying to show you a way to find out FOR SURE

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Just look at what feels true for you. 

YOU.

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla  I understood that, I know you are not trying to trick me.

When you said that... I just understood that you are right, I am the only one who needs to know by experience.

Thanks!!!!!!! You are awesome, did you know that?

;)

I am always looking for teachers and masters and we have the best teacher in us, right?

Edited by abrakamowse

@abrakamowse i did. I just didn't understand the separation between you and I ;)

Explain? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla I think I do...

Just now, abrakamowse said:

@Ayla I think I do...

let go of the "think"? 

look in your own experience. what is there that is REAL? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com