Alex bliss

My life is so unconscious???

6 posts in this topic

I cannot live a single day without meditation...what am I gonna do with this life ?? Should I just become a monk?? 

18 minutes ago, Alex bliss said:

I cannot live a single day without meditation...what am I gonna do with this life ?? Should I just become a monk?? 

I spent two years meditating everyday for 1-2 hrs. You can certainly do it in the city. Just meditate 30 mins in the morning before work, and 30 mins at night after work.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Maybe a career as an Vipasana instructor or yoga teacher would be what you should aim for, but there is nothing wrong with becomeing a monk, you can go to nepal or India for a Month and spend your time meditating in a monestary for 12 hours+ if this is what you are looking for.

10 hours ago, Alex bliss said:

@How to be wise 30 minute does nothing for me ......My mind is too noisy to be calmed in 30 minutes meditation..

Of course 1 session won’t do anything. But if you can sustain it for 2-3 years, you will get some amazing breakthroughs. 

“Good things come to those who wait.”

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie