Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

My Book of shadows

101 posts in this topic

Things I don't want to do

Divination,  tarot read,  scrying,  rune prediction,  third eye, kundalini,  palmistry, astrology, horoscope, fortune telling, use of crystal therapy, baneful magic, casting spells on behalf Black magic, sorcery.  

Things I want to do 

Herbology,  potion making,  witch kits,  altars,  spell jars,  spell bottles,  crystal grids,  invoking Hecate, Festival rituals, enchanting,  charming, chanting, charging, relaxing,  spell work, magick, spell filler collection,  salt cleansing,  salt circling,  kitchen witching,  meditation, enlightenment kits,  bedridden bewitching,  sabbats, ceremonial magick, sword magick,  Group magick,  moon routines,  making and charging amulets and charms and talismans. And writing book of shadows   

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

shadows and a grimoire?

The only difference is the personal connection. A grimoire is general knowledge — a book holding information that all witches can use, that can be passed down and used by any witch.

Book of shadows is more personal like a personal journal of progress and for reference.  

How to use essential oils in witchcraft 

? How to use water  in witchcraft 

? How to use sea shells  in witchcraft 

? How to use crystals  in witchcraft 

? How to use  salt in witchcraft 5

? How to use tea in witchcraft 

?How to use cauldron  in witchcraft 

?How to use herbs  in witchcraft 

?How to use  food in witchcraft 

?How to use spells   in witchcraft 10

?How to use leaves and flowers  in witchcraft 

?How to use paper in witchcraft 

?How to use jars  in witchcraft 

?How to use gods  in witchcraft 

?How to use wand in witchcraft 15

?How to use athame  in witchcraft 

?How to use tumble stones in witchcraft 

?How to use essential oils in witchcraft 

? How to use grid cloth  in witchcraft

?How to use altar tile  in witchcraft 20

? How to use dream catcher  in witchcraft

?How to use candles  in witchcraft

?How to use scrying mirror  in witchcraft

?How to use pendulum  in witchcraft

?How to use imbloc in witchcraft 25

?How to use ostara in witchcraft

?How to use litha  in witchcraft

? How to use beltane  in witchcraft

?How to use lammas in witchcraft

?How to use mabon in witchcraft 30

?How to use samhain  in witchcraft

?How to use Yule  in witchcraft

?How to use chalice  in witchcraft

?How to use jewelry in witchcraft

?How to use essence sticks and burners in witchcraft 35 

?How to use offering bowls in witchcraft

?How to use mojo bags  in witchcraft

?How to use spell jars  in witchcraft

?How to use spell bottles in witchcraft

?How to use alchemy in witchcraft 40 

? How to use charging in witchcraft 

? How to use a mirror in witchcraft

? How to use  cords in witchcraft

? How to use amulets and talismans  in witchcraft

? How to use tarots in witchcraft 50

? How to use poppets  in witchcraft

? How to use dolls  in witchcraft

? How to use taglocks  in witchcraft

?How to use runes  in witchcraft

?How to use sigils  in witchcraft 55

? How to use a deer statue  in witchcraft

?How to use acorns  in witchcraft

?How to use wood  in witchcraft

?How to use potions  in witchcraft

?How to use salt and sage cleanser  in witchcraft 60

?How to use moon water  in witchcraft

?How to use sand  in witchcraft

?How to use horns  in witchcraft

?How to use  crow feet in witchcraft

?How to use coyote tooth in witchcraft 65 

?How to use pine cones  in witchcraft

?How to use  lavender in witchcraft

?How to use colors  in witchcraft

?How to use sword  in witchcraft

?How to use boline  in witchcraft 70

?How to use pentacle in witchcraft

?How to use pedestal  in witchcraft

?How to use charcoal disc  in witchcraft

?How to use shamanism  in witchcraft

?How to use garden  in witchcraft 75 

?How to use meditation  in witchcraft

?How to use soap  in witchcraft

?How to use table  in witchcraft

?How to use decorated eggs  in witchcraft

?How to use conch shells  in witchcraft 80 

?How to use drums  in witchcraft

?How to use perfumes  in witchcraft

?How to use dried roses  in witchcraft

?How to use moon in witchcraft

?How to use figurines  in witchcraft........ .85

?How to use book of shadows   in witchcraft

?How to use grimoire  in witchcraft

?How to use demonology  in witchcraft

?How to use pendants and rings  in witchcraft

?How to use sunflower in witchcraft.............. 90.............. 

?How to use skull  witchcraft

?How to use hat  in witchcraft

?How to use broom and besom  in witchcraft

?How to use  abalone shell in witchcraft

?How to use smudging  in witchcraft................ 95

?How to use sage or smudge sticks  in witchcraft

?How to use bay leaves  in witchcraft

?How to use  hecate box in witchcraft

?How to use mortar and pestle  in witchcraft

?How to use valknut box   in witchcraft................ 100

? How to use hat  in witchcraft

?How to use hat  in witchcraft......... 105 

?How to use parchment paper   in witchcraft

?How to use   pumpkin in witchcraft

?How to use birds  in witchcraft

?How to use raven  in witchcraft

?How to use palo Santo  in witchcraft.......... 110

Edited by Preety_India

?How to use Corked  bottles   in witchcraft 

?How to use crystal ball   in witchcraft

?How to use dowsing rods  in witchcraft

?How to use divination   in witchcraft

?How to use   yes no pendulum board in witchcraft 115

?How to use corn   in witchcraft

?How to use fruits in witchcraft

?How to use Buffalo horn   in witchcraft

?How to use pots and vases in witchcraft

?How to use storm water collecting bottle   in witchcraft 120

?How to use fire  in witchcraft

?How to use foil in witchcraft

?How to use ice cream sticks   in witchcraft 123

? How to use fire  in witchcraft

?How to use   a bell in witchcraft

?How to use  wine in witchcraft

?How to fire  honey  witchcraft

?How to use Fae work  in witchcraft

?How to use tea  in witchcraft

❤How to use tea  in witchcraft

❤How to use dancing  in witchcraft

Edited by Preety_India

2 How to use water  in witchcraft

A water witch is simply one that works witchcraft with water. Over the years I have found some that are skeptical, and others that deeply understand my words. It is very interesting that Sea Witches seem to be accepted by the pagan world, but Water Witches are not. However, with the recent publishing of Whist Waters by Gemma Gary, it seems as if the Witchcraft community is finally interested in accepting Water Witchcraft as well. It makes sense; water is everywhere. It is not just the ocean or large lakes, it is the rain, the swamps, large rivers and seasonal streams etc. Water is essential to our life; we cannot go without water for longer than a few days without death. Our bodies are made up of a considerable portion of water. We know from Dr Masaru Emoto's work with water (which I will discuss below) that even the slightest word can create a change in water, and how that word is spoken influences the outcome of that change. When we put these thoughts about water and change together with the definition of magic...

We end up with a very clear picture of how powerful water magic can be. In short, since we know that words and intent influence the structure of a water molecule and that magic is change according to will and will and intent are almost synonymous then we have a basic formula for Water magic. Intent + water = a visual change. In a way, we can even see the magic take place!

Before I continue I want to share some of Dr. Masaru Emoto's work. I am a big fan, and I am absolutely thrilled that we have scientific evidence that thoughts, spoken and written word, music, and environment effect the way that water forms crystals. This short video on youtube gives a very quick overview of all his work. Dr. Emoto began photographing water crystals and comparing how they looked. He found that polluted water and natural spring water were incredibly different. He then took it a steps further and played music for several hours to distilled water. The results were astounding. Classical music formed beautiful snowflake like crystals while heavy metal produced scrambled molecules. He then took it even further and began speaking single words to the water and watching how it changed. Positive words created beautiful patterns while negative words did not. You can see in the video below some of these images and how they are compared. Dr. Emoto's work is widely known and in the past few years has gained much popularity and respect world wide.

When we look at Water Magic as a practice, utilizing it in either small (rain, wells, etc) or large quantities (lakes, ocean etc), it is very clear that chanting, spells, incantations, sigils, and many more magical practices can be incorporated and the result is incredibly powerful. For hundreds of years Holy Wells have been revered for their powers of both cursing and healing. Such bodies of water include the famous hot springs at Bath. The hot baths, shrines and a temple dedicated to Sulis, the Goddess that presides over the hot springs, are  known to heal, but are also known for its curse tablets, where over 300 were found. Many bodies of water like the Glastonbury red and white wells contain their own properties which are enhanced by the calcium and iron deposits. For hundreds of years Clootie have been hung over sacred wells in the UK. This was practiced widely from Wales to Scottland and still is today. The famous Mother Shipton, witch and oracle, lived by a sacred spring and can still be visited today. Not suprisingly her name is Ursula Southeil (interesting connection to Disney's little mermaid!) As you can see both Folklore and Science support the idea of water magic.

Water Witchcraft, as I stated before, is very similar to Sea Magic and Sea Witchcraft. Sea Witches usually stick to the sea shore, however water witches will be found just about everywhere. Near lakes, rivers, holy wells etc. Tools are usually gathered from the shoreline and oftentimes shells, driftwood, and plants are their tools of choice. Water Witches will most often blend Sea magic with their craft. Focusing on tides, moon cycles, and so much more. Since there is no specific Water Tradition (with one exception) you will find that most sea/water witches practice very differently. Some incorporate water and sea spirits, fae or deity into their practice, while others believe that there is no religion associated with their practice at all. These topics are very popular in the pagan community and chat boards, and though they do influence water/sea magic, they are not a topic I am going to discuss here and for one very simple reason; No one will ever agree! Water witches will also find that they differ in their beliefs, the one thing that binds us together is Water in her many forms. For me, a Water witch's practice can be defined by Magic that is focused around water, water creatures living and dead, spirits that are associated with water, and if one wishes Goddess and Gods associated with Water.

The one exception in tradition I mention above is The Water Witches in the UK. There is very limited information on them however. They are part of a group of people that were very much like gypsies, but their homes were floating barges. There is no particular tradition and with limited information it is hard to say how they practiced. However what we do know is they were wandering people of the industrial revolution that lived on the water canals in the UK. Many people still live this way today, but I am not sure if they exist in the same manner.  I call this a tradition because it was a group of people that practiced for years in a similar way, and many were family. You can read about my own adventures on these mysterious canals here.

There are many different types of water; fresh water lakes and the ocean are not the only types and many hold as much power and mystery such as the muddy waters of the Uk Canals, sacred wells, and swamps. Many sea witches work with brackish water and so do water witches. There is so much magic in the brackish waters of the Calvert cliffs. Large Megolodon teeth can be found on the shores, and stingrays swim circles in the early morning on the calm glassy surface of the pale blue and gold water with the sun rising in the east. The shores are full of healing and death, with yarrow growing among the poison  hemlock on the banks of the shore speaking of balance and bane. Large predators once roamed the waters and the stings of the jellyfish are fierce. Oh how glorious to watch the storm come across the waters...

Swamp water is also full of mystery and poison. Toads, snakes and spiders lurk with in the grooves of a hollowed cypress tree, tall nubs of the cypress trees roots peek above the surface of the waters. Swamp waters can be found all over the world. Most commonly known would be the Florida Everglades and the Bayou of Louisiana. Any type of magic you can imagine can be practiced in this type of water, from natural magic to voodoo. However I will say, I do not think that ceremonial magic would be suited for this type of environment

Lakes and Fountains hold so much mystery and mythology. The Lady of the lake has to be the most famous account of water magic taking place in a lake. There are several tales of Ladies of the Fountain and Lake Ladies and their magical gardens, healing powers, and bargains

Rain, Snow, Hail and storm energy in general is very interesting to work with as well. I personally collect water everywhere I go. Often times I label and date it with what type of storm it was. As you can imagine, a summer sun shower would be beautiful warm energy, and hail and a lightning storm pack a VERY powerful punch and can be incorporated into magical workings that need the extra push or used to curse. There is nothing like sitting on the banks of a large body of water, watching a terrible storm roll in. Many water witches enjoy this type of weather, and pull energy from the storm as well as send spells out and let the roaring winds and waters weave the magic.

Types of water you can work with include, sea, brackish, lakes, rivers, distilled, hydrosol, swamps, snow, hail, rain, ponds, canals, seasonal creeks, sacred wells and other bodies of water. Really there is no limit to how you can use water magic! I find that Water Witches are attracted to bottles, bowls, and other vessels. They are often found beach combing or searching the banks of rivers and lakes. Many I have spoken with are drawn to some sort of mythological water spirit or creature such as Mermaids, Selkie, and Lake Ladies. Many love to swim, boat, and are often found in the bath. Interestingly, astrological charts seem to indicate a strong lean towards water, often times having a Water rising sign as well as a Watery moon. However this is not a hard fast rule and it does vary. Often times, Water witches are very good at water scrying, divination with shells or bones found along the shoreline. Almost every Sea/Water witch I have met is a bit of a magpie and will collect shells, wood, glass etc from the water and create shrines or water based altars. Many work with tea, sacred baths, healing waters, holy wells, hydrosols, and water based sprays. I will blog more about how to work with different bodies of water and how to work with them in the future.

?????? 2

How to use water 

Water is one of the 5 essential elements of wicca including fire, air, earth, water and Ether. 

Water can be used as holy water in a chalice. 

Water can be used to sprinkle a spell on a wall with a sprinkler 

Water can be used for charging a spell

Water can be used in the form of sea water, storm water or rain water, water from important springs. 

Water can be used for bathing 

Water can be used for potion making. In alchemy 

Water can be used in kitchen for cooking. 

Imbolc will represent the primordial ball of water of ocean from where life first emerged. So Imbolc will need many representations of water. 

Water can be used in perfume making or making fragrant water by mixing fragrant flowers with water. 

Water can be used in making moon water. 

Edited by Preety_India

??????

?????? 1

?????? 2

?????? 3 

?????? 4 

?????? 5 

??????  6 

?????? 7

??????  8

Edited by Preety_India

?????? 1

How to use essential oils? 

A BEGINNERS GUIDE TO MAGICAL OILS: ESSENTIAL OILS MAGIC

For many Wiccans, magical oils are a staple component of ritual and magical practice. Using essential oils in your magic is a time-honored way of working with the energies of Nature to bring about desired change in your life.

Since before recorded history, shamans, priests and healers used scented oils in ritual, magic and medicine. Oils were used in incense, ointments, tinctures, charms and other magical creations for almost every purpose under the Sun. These sacred oils were made by heating fragrant plant matter—leaves, flowers, barks, etc.—in carrier oils made from olives, sesame seeds and other sources. Some of the earliest fragrant oils made in this way were frankincense, myrrh, and cinnamon—classic scents still used today in many modern forms of the Craft.

Over the centuries, steam distillation and other technologies were discovered, allowing for oils to be extracted from a wider variety of plants, including flowers and citrus plants. Today, with the explosion of interest in the healing art of aromatherapy, an unprecedented array of essential oils is available to anyone who wishes to explore them. This is great news for Wiccans and other Witches who like to incorporate essential oils into their magical practice!

HOW ARE OILS USED IN MAGIC?

Unlike most other ingredients of spellwork, oils tend to be more of a supplement than a main feature. Witches use them to anoint their ritual tools, their crystals, their talismans and amulets, and even their own bodies. Oils are often used in the creation of incense, and are particularly excellent for use in candle magic and charm-making. Just about anything you want to do, magically speaking, can be enhanced by the use of oils—whether you’re using a single scent or a blend of three or more.

WHAT’S MAGIC ABOUT ESSENTIAL OILS?

Plant-derived scented oils are powerful components of ritual and spellwork for two main reasons. First, they contain the magical energies of the plants from which they are made—the trees, shrubs, flowers, etc. that are transformed into liquid form. Plants themselves are living beings, with their own living intelligence that works in perfect harmony with nature. And of course, plants have magical properties as well, which are highly concentrated in the form of essential oils.

The same is not true for synthetic fragrance oils, which may smell quite similar to the real thing, but won’t have the natural ingredients contained in botanical oils. While many Witches have used synthetic oils with success over the past few decades, most agree that the power of true botanicals just can’t be beat.

The second “trick” that magical oils have up their sleeve is the power of scent and the effect it has on the mind. We understand this effect intuitively, as we all have favorite scents that put us in a happier or more relaxed mood. The scents of myrrh and cedarwood, for example, or a blend of lavender and clove, seem to instantly awaken something in us that’s beyond our ordinary sense of smell and put us into a different frame of mind—one that is more in touch with the invisible powers of the Universe and therefore more able to direct those powers to achieve our aims. In this way, botanical oils provide a direct tie between the natural physical world and the spiritual plane.

After all, if you can’t summon the necessary state of mind to send your intention confidently into the Universe, you’re unlikely to get the results you seek. This is why incense is such a key part of ritual and magic in Wiccan and other Pagan traditions. As the richly scented smoke wafts throughout the sacred space, it puts us in a frame of mind that is unconcerned, for the time being, with the mundane details of everyday life.

We are more able to focus on going within, connecting with our deities, our higher self, or whatever our belief systems recognize as the power that aids us in transforming our reality. Scented oils provide another way of promoting this inner focus, and magical oils–those that are blended and charged specifically for magical purposes–are arguably the most potent aromatic resources we can have at our disposal.

HOW DO I MAKE MY OWN MAGICAL OILS?

Since many essential oils can be on the pricey side, it’s best to start with just two or three single oils, which you can use individually and to make your own blends. Then you can gradually build up your collection of oils over time. You can also find plenty of quality pre-made blends, but the hands-on experience of blending your own is a great way to get more acquainted with the magical energies of the individual oils. You can find basic blending instructions and example recipes here.

Unfortunately, due to the growing popularity of essential oils in the mainstream world, many poor-quality knock-offs are being sold as “essential oils” in big box stores and elsewhere. Be sure to do some research into all companies you’re considering buying oils from, especially if you’re ordering online. That being said, essential oils sold in most health food stores are generally considered a safe bet.

WHICH MAGICAL OILS ARE BEST FOR BEGINNERS TO START WITH?

The answer to this is different for each person, so you’ll need to use your intuition. If you love the scent of lemon or lavender, these are good (and affordable) places to start. And if there’s a scent you truly dislike, then by all means avoid it! If you’re able to sample tester bottles in a shop, this is a great way to get a feel for which oils you’re likely to work best with. And as always, you can set an intention that the best oils for you to bring into your life at this time will be revealed to you. Then, just be open to receiving the message, and you’ll have your answer when the time is right!

Click here to read Lisa's beginner guides to many different forms of magic.

Learn How to Create Your Own Magical Oil Blends:

Edited by Preety_India

Scott Cunningham's books 

What is Fae work

?????? 4

How to use crystals  in witchcraft 

crystals are used for charging.  They seem to either emanate a certain energy on their own or take up the energy given to them.  With the intentions put into the crystals, this energy can be felt all the time.  I don't believe so much in this because crystals have often got me bad luck. 

energized crystals are supposed to emit magickal properties and help in the success of a spell.  Often they are used in crystal grid work where they are placed in clusters in an array on a grid cloth or grid board and then use this grid to manifest 

Tools for Making Crystal Grids:

A location for your grid in your home

A small piece of paper with your intention or goal written on it

A center crystal; We like to use a crystal point. This will be more powerful for directing your intention straight up into the universe. But any stone works perfectly! 

Tumbled Stones that align with your intention

A Quartz point for activation

A crystal grid cloth (optional, but we find that it enhances the energy!)

Crystal Grid Layout Process:

The first step to making a crystal grid layout is deciding on what goal or intention you are looking to manifest. Do you want to bring more abundance into your life? Do you want to maintain your health and fitness goals? Do you need to boost your creativity? Are you looking for help sleeping through the night? The possibilities are endless; you can create a crystal grid to manifest any goal. When choosing your intention, be as specific as you can, as this will determine which healing stones you choose as part of your grid.

Choose crystals and stones that are aligned with your intention and that will enhance it. For example: if you are looking to create an abundance grid, you want to stick with the green and gold wealth crystals, such as Aventurine, Citrine, Pyrite If you are creating a health and wellness grid, you want to use the blue and purple healing stones like Fluorite, Sodalite, Angelite etc. There are no right and wrong stones to use; choose the ones that you are the most attracted to. Trust your intuition.

Cleanse your space by burning sage or Palo Santo to clear the energy of your space.

Write your intention on a piece of paper. Then fold your written intention and place it in the center of your crystal grid cloth.

Breathe deeply and state your intention aloud, or visualize it in your mind.

Set up the surrounding stones in your crystal grid layout. Start from the exterior and move towards the center. As you are placing each stone into your crystal grid, make sure you keep your intention in mind.

Place your center crystal on top of your written intention.

Next, activate the crystal grid layout. Take a quartz crystal point (can be small or large), and starting from the outside, draw an invisible line between each stone to energetically connect each to the next. Think about it like “connecting the dots” when you were a kid.

Your crystal grid is activated and finished! You can add candles, other healing crystals and energy tools around your crystal grid as well. We recommend leaving your crystal grid up for 40-days at least. Other energy tools include palo Santo and sage.  

We keep a prosperity crystal grid in our office for Feng Shui to help foster abundance and prosperity of the business. We’ve also used a crystal grid for protection, love crystal grid and willpower crystal grid and found them to be extremely powerful.

Learning how to make a crystal grid is actually quite simple–once you know, you will never want to stop making them! Energy Muse co-founders, Heather Askinosie and Timmi Jandro, have put together a little tutorial on how to make crystal grids in your home.

3bfyr6.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

If you want to create the Health & Wellness crystal grid that Heather & Timmi created in the video, here is what you will need: 12 Fluorite stones, 6 Sodalite stones, 4 Yellow Jasper stones, 2 Aventurine stones, 4 small Turquoise stones, 1 Flower of Life Crystal Grid Cloth, 1 Included Quartz Point and 1 Quartz Crystal Point. 

Edited by Preety_India

If you’ve ever held a crystal and looked at it closely from several angles, turning it over and over, you’ve most likely felt the mysterious sense of wonder these special stones evoke. They seem to speak silently of the infinite, creative, living power of the Earth. Crystals have been revered for millennia, used as talismans and in jewelry since ancient times. Today, crystals and other mineral stones are also used in alternative healing, for enhancing the energy of physical spaces, and for a wide variety of magical purposes. In this article, you will learn the basic principles of crystal magic.

WHAT ARE CRYSTALS, EXACTLY?

The term “crystal”  in Wiccan and other “New Age” circles often refers to a wide variety of solid minerals, not all of which are technically true crystals. However, they all fall under the crystal magic umbrella.

A mineral is defined as any inorganic substance that is formed naturally in the Earth’s underground geological processes. Every mineral has its own specific chemical composition, along with—as Witches, shamans and other healers are aware—its own energy signature.

Many minerals have a molecular structure that forms a regular pattern, creating the flat surfaces and interesting geometric forms we tend to think of when we hear the word crystal. The most commonly known crystal mineral is probably clear quartz, which is what true “crystal balls” are made of, followed by rose quartz and amethyst. Other popular stones used in magic such as lapis lazuli, jade and bloodstone, are actually combinations of more than one mineral and are not considered true crystals. And some “crystals” such as amber and jet are actually fossilized organic substances rather than stones. To keep things simple, most people who work with these gifts of the Earth tend to use “crystals” and “stones” interchangeably.

CRYSTAL ENERGIES IN SCIENCE AND BEYOND: THE POWER OF CRYSTAL MAGIC

Though they may be classified as “inorganic,” crystals are nonetheless understood by many Witches and healers to be “alive,” as they impart healing energy to people, animals, and even plants. Certain crystals, such as quartz and tourmaline, actually exhibit one aspect of their power through what scientists call the piezoelectric effect. When mechanical pressure is applied to these stones, such as through squeezing them or tapping them with a hammer, the stones give off an observable electric charge. Quartz and certain other crystals also exhibit pyroelectricity, meaning that they release an electric charge when exposed to a change in temperature.

In reality only a few of the crystals popularly used in healing and magic have demonstrated these effects in scientific studies. But conventional science has yet to discover what alternative healing modalities have always understood—that every crystal emits its own subtle energy that then interacts with the energy fields of everything around it.

Wiccans and other Witches understand that the power of crystals and stones is also in essence the same power inherent in other natural phenomena, such as the wind or a flowing river.  All matter, visible and invisible, is essentially energy, and all energy is interconnected. And since thought—or intention—is also energy, it can be harnessed and sent out into the Universe through the energy field of the crystals we choose to work with. In this way, crystals and stones are conduits of energy. They can both bring healing energy to us, and send our positive energy to the spiritual realm to manifest real change in our lives.

COMMON USES FOR CRYSTALS IN RITUAL AND MAGIC

In Wiccan practice, one common use for crystals and stones is to mark the sacred circle before ritual begins. They are also used to honor deities, with specific stones sacred to particular gods and goddesses. Some magical tools, such as wands and pentacles, are decorated with crystals, and they are often featured in magical jewelry of all kinds.

In magic, crystals and stones are used for everything from healing to divination to manifesting wealth and love. In keeping with centuries of tradition, they are still used in amulets, talismans, and other “good luck” charms, as well as for scrying and protection. Crystals can be powerful components of spellwork, whether as adjunct ingredients or the main focus of the spell.

For example, amethyst is often used as a “power boost” for spells of all kinds, and clear quartz is kept on the altar to sharpen focus, especially for more complex spells. But you can also simply charge a specific crystal for a specific purpose and then carry it with you, like red jasper for courage or citrine for attracting money. (Click for a brief table of correspondence featuring the magical properties of some of the most popular crystals.)

Crystal magic is also uniquely suited to take advantage of color correspondences in a thoroughly natural way. In other words, they don’t have to be dyed like candles or cloth. Colors, as vibrations of light, resonate with different aspects of our existence (such as love, health, and money matters) according to their specific vibrations. Pink, the color of rose quartz, is a color with a harmonizing, loving vibration, making it a powerful force for drawing love into your life. Likewise, the color green has a vibrational resonance with abundance, making green stones such as jade and bloodstone particularly good for spellwork involving matters of prosperity.

BRINGING CRYSTALS INTO YOUR LIFE

Crystals and stones can be found in most Wiccan and other New Age shops, and there are even stores that specifically focus on these amazing natural phenomena. However, many who work crystal magic will say that the stones choose you, rather than the other way around. You may be gifted with a polished stone from a friend or acquaintance, or even stumble upon one in raw form when out on a hike. You can also always purchase stones through a trusted online retailer, setting the intention that the right ones will come to you.

When you buy from a shop, you’re likely to be drawn to particular stones without necessarily “thinking” about it. You may feel pulled strongly toward a certain color, or type of crystal. As you investigate your possible choices, take a moment to scan your physical body and your emotional energy. If you have a positive feeling, this may be the stone for you. If you have any kind of negative feeling, then it is not. (Stones aren’t harmful in and of themselves and don’t give off “negative” energy, but if it’s really not a good fit, they may let you know it rather strongly.)

No matter where or how you acquire your crystals, be sure to cleanse them thoroughly of any unwanted energy. Charge them with your intentions for magic before using them in spellwork, and enjoy exploring the wonderful and wide world of crystal magic!

You can try crystal magic for yourself with this crystal magic spell for beginners. If you want to learn more about other types of magic, check out Lisa's articles on Herbal, Candle, and Essential Oils magic.

Edited by Preety_India

?????? 3

How to use sea shells  in witchcraft 

10 Ways to Use Seashells in Witchcraft – 10 Tips From a Sea Witch

I am completely in love with seashells. When I am on the beach, I spent countless hours looking for them. To my eyes, they are precious gifts from Mother Ocean. But, once you find seashells that you love, what can you do with them? In this post, you will learn 10 ways to use seashells in witchcraft. You will notice that they are very similar to crystals.

1. Use seashells to replace witchcraft tools.

For instance, you probably already know that abalone shells are widely used to retain the ashes from smudging. They are great incense holders since they are thick and pierced with holes. Additionally, you can use clams, scallops and cockles for offering bowls, chalices and candleholders

2. Use seashells to represent the elements.

In Sea Witchery, specific types of seashells are associated with specific elements. So, if you want to make a change, you can use seashells instead of the traditional representations of the elements. Follow the list below for a quick start.

Seashells Elemental Correspondences

Water (West): any shell filled with water.

Earth (North): dark colored moon shell, sand dollar, starfish.

Air (East): yellow or pink scallop, jingle shells, abalone.

Fire (South): red shell, white clam shell.

Of course, those are only guidelines: always follow your intuition before everything else.

3. Incorporate seashells into your tools.

Instead of using seashells as tools, you can incorporate them into your tools. Glue them to your scrying mirror or to the handle of your athame and wand. Use small seashells pierced with holes as praying beads. Ornate chests and boxes with them. Or make a seashell crown to wear during rituals. If you’re a crafty witch, the possibilities are endless!

4. Meditate with seashells.

Seashells are like crystals. Meditating with them is a very beneficial practice. It will enhance your connection with Mother Ocean and replenish your energy levels. Here’s how to do it.

A Simple Seashell Meditation

Start by selecting a seashell. Use one that has calming properties such as a cockle, an angel wing or a clam. Sit in front of your altar. Create a Sacred Circle if you need it. Light a candle. Hold the seashell in your two hands and close your eyes. Breathe deeply. Every time you inhale, imagine a big oceanic wave flowing through you, from your feet to your head.  Then, with each exhalation, the wave is flowing back, from your head to your toes. Do this exercise until you feel calm and grounded. When you are ready, concentrate on your seashell’s properties (for a a cockle, it would be balance and love). Breathe in these qualities. Feel them in your heart. Visualise them as a white light emanating from your hands and surrounding all your body. Do not force anything: just let the sensation come and go. When it starts to fade, end your meditation session. Do it in the same way that you started it. Write your experience in your Book of Shadows or journal.

5. Make a seashells offering.

I believe that the best offerings are the ones that we value the most. A seashell that you have found during your vacations is infused with good memories and intentions: that makes it a great offering. First, choose an appropriate entity. It can be the Universe, or Mother Ocean; but if you choose a specific deity, spirit or ancestor, make sure that they are related to seashells in some way. Next, charge your offering with intention. Hold it into your hands and say a simple prayer to dedicate it to your chosen deity. Place it on your altar or leave it in a place of nature.

6. Put seashells in your bath.

Taking a ritual bath is an easy way to purify your aura from all negativity. Add seashells to any spiritual bath recipe for an extra soothing energy. Otherwise, if you just want to connect with the ocean, simply put seashells along with your favorite bath salts in the water. Don’t forget to clean your shells from any dust and sand beforehand.

7. Use seashells in spells.

You can use seashells as ingredients for your amulets, talismans, jar spells, elixirs, herbal pouches and such. Here are a few ideas.

Place small seashells into spell bottles.

At the full moon, put them overnight in a bowl water along with your crystals to make moon water.

Add them to your favorite herbal or crystal magick recipes to reinforce their power.

If you have the appropriate tools, grind them and add them to your powders.

Write a sigil on a seashell and wear it as an amulet.

The key is to treat them just like all magickal ingredients. Select them according to their properties and charge them before adding them to your spells. For more information about the properties of seashells, refer to Sea Magic by Sandra Kynes.

8. Make seashell grids.

I already wrote that seashells are very similar to crystals. Both are gifts from nature made of minerals. They both have healing properties. Just like crystals, seashells can store energy and intentions. A seashell’s structure also corresponds to the principles of sacred geometry. So it makes sense to use them in grids, just like we do with crystals. Here is a very brief guide on how to make a seashell grid.

How to make a seashell grid

First, set your intention. What do you want to attract in your life? Next, choose a geometric shape according to your need (pentagram, circle, triquetra, flower of life, etc.). Select the seashells according to their properties. I recommend using multiple seashells of the same type. Print the geometric shape on paper or use a crystal grid cloth. Place the shells on the intersections of each line and perform a ritual to charge and activate the grid.

9. Perform seashell divination

Seashells can also be used for divination. Here are a few ways to include them in your practice:

Cowry shells: The Diloggun and the Obbi are two ancient divination systems coming from the Yoruba, a people of West Africa. The two systems use cowries that have been cut. The idea is to throw them on a flat surface and to interpret how they landed. You can buy precut cowry shells or gather and cut them by yourself. Learn how to practice cowry divination here.

Rune shells: You can use seashells to make a set of divination runes such as the Norse Elder Futhark, the Celtic Ogham or the Witch’s Runes. Buy a premade set on Etsy or make your own.

Simple seashells draw: Here is a simpler way to practice seashell divination. Put a selection of different seashells in a bag. Ask a question and draw a shell out without looking. Interpret the answer according to the shell’s properties. It’s another thing that is usually done with crystals.

10. Let them be.

Seashells have a way of simply being there. You don’t always need to do something with them to feel their energy. Just like crystals, simply placing them at strategic places can infuse a room with a calm, soothing atmosphere.

Summary

Just like herbs, crystals and oils, seashells are gifts of nature. But sadly, they are underestimated and underused in witchcraft. As you can see, there are a lot of ways to use them: all you need is imagination. They should not be merely used for decoration. We should give them the place that they deserve in our witch’s apothecary.

Edited by Preety_India

?????? 5

How to use  salt in witchcraft

salt can be used to cast a circle and for banishing bad forces. It's main use is for protection. It's an Earth element.  

Natural salts are a must for any altar during ritual and spell work plus they have endless uses. Wonderful for cleansing, charging scrying mirrors, casting circles and purification baths. These beautiful 100% natural, Pink Himalayan Salts are one of the purest salts available on earth. Mined from deep in the Himalayan Mountains, this salt crystallized more than 200 million years ago and remains protected from modern-day pollution and impurities.

Pink Witches Salt have been blessed and charged with intent for use in Love, Wishes, Clearing, Healing, Abundance, Prosperity. Peace, Dreams and Lunar Magick. You can also use the salts in the kitchen as well! Add it to your translucent salt shaker or grinder where dinner guests and family will appreciate its lovely pink hue. Dip the rim of your drink glass in fine grain Pink Himalayan Salt to enhance the flavor of your favorite cocktails

3bg510.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Use naturally upon the altar or infuse with your favorite essential oils and use as potpourri. They can also be used in the bath in their natural state to relieve stress and provide healing and relaxation benefits to the body. A wonderful all-natural sea salt which helps reduce muscle tensions.

You will receive one ounce of Pink Himalayan Witches Salts in a glass corked bottle.

3bg54a.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

A libation is an offering of wine to honor the Gods and Goddesses during ritual. The act of pouring wine as a sacrifice or gift to them in reverence. Today libations are usually given with wine during or following ritual. A small portion of wine is poured from a chalice cup upon the earth as the witch gives thanks and appreciation to the earth, the elements, and the deities.

As modern witchcraft evolves, so do our tools and the way in which they are used. I thought how cool it would be to incorporate a salt infused with red wine in ritual. Just as with actual wine libations, Libation Wine Ritual Salt can be used in divination, cast into fires, into water, and as a ritual libation offering to the earth (ground), and more.

Kitchen Witches - Flavorful and with a slightly tart gently oaky finish, its a great addition to any recipe that features wine. This gorgeous red-burgundy colored salt is amazing with chocolate truffles and desserts, but can work more humbly in a spice rub for any kind of meat.

Natural salts are a must for any altar during ritual and spell work plus they have endless uses. Wonderful for cleansing, charging scrying mirrors, casting circles, purification bathes, in ritual and on the table.

You will receive one ounce of Libation Ritual Salt in a glass corked bottle.

3bg58r.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

These Black Lava Sea Salts have a stunning black color and beautiful silky texture. 

Black Witches Salt have been blessed and charged with intent for use in Protection, Banishing, Purification, Curse & Hex Breaking, Change, Bindings, Shadow Works, New Beginnings and work with waning and dark moon magick. You can also use the salts in the kitchen as well! Add it to your translucent salt shaker or grinder. Dip the rim of your drink glass in fine grain Black Lava Sea Salt to enhance the look and flavor of your favorite cocktails

Use naturally upon the altar or infuse with your favorite essential oils and use as potpourri. They can also be used in the bath in their natural state to relieve stress and provide healing and relaxation benefits to the body. A wonderful all natural sea salt which helps reduce muscle tensions. Solar evaporated Pacific sea salt is combined with activated charcoal from the Hawaiian Islands. Because the natural salts are infused with charcoal, they will turn water slightly gray as the charcoal is released. (Don't worry, no lava was taken from the Islands to create this magnificent salt ~) 

Edited by Preety_India

? How to use tea in witchcraft 

?How to use cauldron  in witchcraft 

?How to use herbs  in witchcraft 

?How to use  food in witchcraft 

?How to use spells   in witchcraft 10

?How to use leaves and flowers  in witchcraft 

?How to use paper in witchcraft 

?How to use jars  in witchcraft 

?How to use gods  in witchcraft 

?How to use wand in witchcraft 15

?????? 6

How to use tea in witchcraft 

3bg82s.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

3bg7yv.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Sometimes, the simplest acts can work potent magic when done with the correct intent and attention. A doodle on a notebook can double as a sigil, lighting a candle can serve as a spell, and brewing the right cup of tea can be witchcraft incognito. This innocuous form of magic is a prime example of how a little ingenuity can squeeze magic out of the most mundane daily rituals. Witchcraft worked with tea is both discreet, allowing you to work magic comfortably in any environment, and accessible to almost everyone.

There are a ton of ways to use tea in your witchcraft, from divination to casting spells, to adding a magical oomph to crafts, altar work, and more. Here are some of the most common ways to practice the craft using tea.

Tea Leaf Reading

This is easily the first place everyone's mind goes when it comes to witchcraft and tea. Reading tea leaves, or tasseography is a form of divination done by interpreting the patterns of tea leaves left in a teacup after the tea has been drunk. This form of divination dates all the way back to the 17th century shortly after the introduction of tea to Europe. Some diviners use specialized teacups for reading tea leaves but you can read tea leaves just as easily with a regular teacup from your cupboard. Just don’t go using a coffee mug as the shape makes reading the leaves quite difficult!

Reading tea leaves is a fairly simple process. Add your loose tea leaves to the teacup and pour hot water into the cup. Allow the tea to brew to your liking and enjoy it as you normally would. Some diviners say that the tea should be taken without milk or sugar but I don’t find that these things alter my results much. Next, place a napkin on the saucer and when you’re finished drinking your tea, swirl the cup 3 times and turn it upside down on the saucer. Make sure that you have only dregs left when you do this, enough liquid that the tea leaves can move but not so much that the leaves will drain right out of the cup when it’s upturned. It can take a bit of practice to figure this part out but it isn’t terribly difficult once you’ve developed an eye for it. Now you can turn the cup right side up and interpret the shapes and symbols left in the tea leaves!

There are many ways to analyze the leaves left in your cup and everything from the direction your cup handle is facing to the height of the leaves on the side of the cup can influence an interpretation. If this form of divination interests you, I would suggest picking up a book on tea leaf reading that contains an explanation of the various ways to interpret your cup and an extensive symbol dictionary.

Crafting Your Own Tea Blends

Pre-made tea blends are typically designed with taste in mind but you can craft your own tea blend with a more magical purpose. Combining herbs for their magical properties and brewing them into teas allows you to create homemade potions and spells with ease. You can even build a repertoire of magic herbal tea recipes that you can use to quickly and easily case a wide variety of spells. Here are a few of my favorite herbs and spices to use as well as a few of my own tea spells.

Chamomile - Healing, attracts abundance and opens the energy to be more receptive.

Rose hips - Very healing, draws good luck

Ginger - Draws success, prosperity, confidence, sensuality, and a sense of adventure.

Orange peel - Draws luck and money

Cardamom - Good for love, lust, and keeping a lover faithful

Dandelion root - Good for dream magic, divination, and spirit work

Ginseng - Used for love, beauty, and protection

Hibiscus - Used for attracting love, divination, and dream magic

Honeysuckle - Draws prosperity and quick abundance

Lemongrass - Cleansing and psychic opening

Lemon - Cleansing and removing energetic blockages

Bergamot - Protection from evil and illness, stops magical interference

Protection & Cleansing Tea

1 pt bergamot

1 pt black tea

1 squeeze of lemon

(note: this is essentially just earl grey tea with lemon which is why I LOVE this blend for quick cleansing)

Love Drawing Tea

1 pt hibiscus

1 pt ginger

1 pt ginseng

Quick Luck

1 pt orange peel

1 pt rose hips

1 pt chamomile

Adding Magical Tea In Other Parts Of Your Life

As much as I’m sure many of us love drinking tea, there are also people out there who are decidedly NOT tea drinkers. For those of you who cringe at the thought of sipping on a mug of hot leaf water, there are still ways you can incorporate these kinds of herbal infusions into your craft. 

Use tea as a base for recipes

Does your recipe call for water? You can substitute a weakly brewed tea for water in many cases without affecting the taste of the food overmuch. If the food you’re cooking is particularly light flavored, you can even use a cold infusion. Simply place your herbs into the desired amount of water in your fridge for an hour. This allows the energy of the plants to infuse the water without imparting too much of the taste. Cold infusion is actually the ideal way to extract the greatest amount of plant energy from your botanicals since cool or cold water is able to accept more energy than warm or hot water.

Be warned though! Stronger tasting ingredients like ginger and citrus will likely come through in the flavor of the water despite cold steeping. If you want your infusion to still basically taste like water it’s best to avoid these more intense ingredients.

Adding tea to baths

Using teas in cleansing baths is a perfect way to add magic to your self-care routine! You can use a cold or hot infusion for this method and incorporate herbs that you might not normally put together due to taste conflicts. Since you’ll be soaking in this tea rather than drinking it, it won’t matter what it tastes like! For baths, I recommend brewing up a fairly large amount of tea, typically I use about 8 cups of boiling water and 1/2 - 1 cup of herbs. I let the herbs steep until the water is a comfortable temperature (20-30 minutes depending on the time of year) and then add it to my bath water.

Using tea at the altar

There are many ways to use tea on your altar, using tea as an offering is a simple and very homey way to show respect to a spirit or deity. Choose herbs that your particular being prefers and brew up a cup for them once or twice a week. If you like to be sociable with them, you can even brew a cup for yourself as well and have tea with them! This can be a lovely way to build familiarity and closeness with the important spirits in your life. 

Keep in mind though, that not every spirit will want tea! I’ve had spirits who, on the offer of tea stated that they’d rather have a spot of whiskey or some of my dinner. It’s also a good idea to be sure you know how the spirit takes their tea. You wouldn’t serve tea to a friend without offering sugar or cream and it’s polite to offer the same to your spirit friends too.

The other way I like to use tea on my altar is for scrying. Scrying with plain water is a fairly common method of divination but it is quite possible to scry with other liquids as well. If I have a subject that I would particularly like to focus my scrying on I’ll brew up a tea with herbs relating to that intention and use the tea in my black scrying bowl instead of water. Be careful what herbs you choose however since certain herbs with particularly potent energies may skew the messages you receive. Try to stick with botanicals that have lighter and more general energies.

3bg819.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

I love your tea recipes. I'm starting to try my hand at some of my own.
I love using herbals in my baths after work (I'm a bartender and pick up a lot of extra energy gunk), but when I'm not sure if my herbs are food quality, I put them into a coffee filter and tie it up with a small rubber band and throw it right in the bath water with me. It's been great after work, before bed.

Edited by Preety_India

Cleansing can be such a versatile tool in the craft, getting rid of everything from bad energy, to spirits, to curses, hexes, and more.

Number 7

How to use cauldron  in witchcraft

images - 2019-09-25T021343.244.jpeg

Cauldron is used for burning herbs.  Can be made of cast iron or brass.  

Use a self igniting charcoal disc to lit fire to herbs or simply put hay or paper and put on fire and then add herbs.  Make sure to close it to stop the fumes and place cauldron on stand to stop discoloration of surfaces.  

Most often a cauldron is made of cast iron and is used to burn loose incense on a charcoal disc, to make black salt (used in banishing rituals), for mixing herbs, or to burn petitions (paper with words of power or wishes written on them).

Decide on what kind of magic you plan on doing with your cauldron. If you want to do mostly incense cones and paper burning, a smaller cauldron might be the perfect size. If you love brewing magical teas and potions, maybe try a larger one.

Ways to Use your Cauldron

Burn Incense in Your Cauldron

Burn loose incense herbs with charcoal discs positioned in the middle of your cauldron.

Incense cones are extremely simple to use with a cauldron as well. Set the cone inside your cauldron and light the tip.

If you have incense sticks, light the end and let the smoking end rest gently at the bottom of your cauldron.

For all these incense burning options, you can leave your cauldron in one place (like your altar) to burn or hold your cauldron by the handle and go from room to room for smoke cleansing rituals. Because incense smoke can be very strong, make sure you properly ventilate the area and do not light incense around children or pets who might be sensitive to smoke.

Collect Moon Water

Set your cauldron out on a rainy night to gather rainwater. Note what phase the moon is in that night so you know what moon phase energy that water is charged with. Pour the water into a jar and store it until you need it for a spell. Dry your cauldron completely after this process to prevent rust. Don’t leave your cauldron out for multiple nights even in dry weather. Extended exposure to even a small amount of humidity can cause your cauldron to rust.

Scrying with Your Cauldron

Take the moon water you’ve collected in your cauldron and use it as a “scrying mirror”. You can also use water from a flowing spring, ocean water, or water charged with crystals to promote psychic abilities like amethyst or bloodstone.

Oil Reed Diffuser

What You’ll Need:

1/4 Cup Safflower Oil

Two Tablespoons of Vodka

Fifteen to Twenty Drops of Essential Oil

Seven to Ten Reed Sticks

Combine safflower oil, vodka and essential oil in your cauldron. Like with all magic, focus on your intention as you do this. You can experiment with different combinations of essentials oils to suit whatever spell you’re performing. Stir up the mixture with one of your reeds. Place the lid of you cauldron so there is only a sliver of an opening. Position your reeds in the sliver, fanning them out along the narrow opening. Flip the reeds every day or so until the oil mixture has evaporated.

Cauldron Tea

Boil magical herbs in your cauldron to create a powerful tea or elixir. You can add loose herbs into your water and heat up the cauldron. If you are making tea to drink, make sure your cauldron is cast iron and that it's totally clean. Otherwise, you run the risk of ingesting something harmful that was left over from a previous spell.

If you have a small cauldron, a tea light candle under your cauldron will do the trick. If your cauldron is larger and you want to work outdoors, dig a hole under your cauldron and build a small fire with sticks and bits of wood. If you choose to go this route, have a bucket of water or fire extinguisher nearby in case of an emergency. Fire is a wonderful element to bring to your magic, but it can be highly dangerous. Always exercise caution when working with fire.

Cauldron Oil Diffuser

Pour 1/3 cup of water into your cauldron and add four to six drops of essential oil. Place a tea light under your cauldron and enjoy the subtle scents of your essential oils filling your witchy space. If your tea light burns down, light another one! Just make sure to extinguish your candle once you’re through. This is a perfect way to set the mood before pulling tarot cards, journaling or performing a spell. Make sure to clean your cauldron well after using it with essential oils!

Buried Cauldron Spells

For Cleansing

If there’s something you need to cleanse, place it in your cauldron with the lid and bury it in the earth for a few hours. The cauldron will protect it from the elements while it’s submerged. I’ve done this with bottles of essential oil, crystals, candles, necklaces, altar cloths, rune stones, and rings.

For Manifesting

You can also place journal entries describing things you’re working to manifest in your life into your cauldron and bury it. The earth energy will take your hopes and dreams from the air (your mind) and bring them into the physical world. Make sure not to leave your cauldron buried for too long, remember exposure to moisture can cause rust!

Cauldron Wishing Spell

Similar to the above manifesting spell, write down your wishes onto paper, parchment or bay leaves and burn them over your cauldron. Watch the smoke send your desires right up into the abundant, limitless universe.

Cauldron Candle Spells

Line your cauldron with foil and perform a candle spell right inside. Your cauldron is a perfect fireproof container, and the foil will make for easy cleanup once the candle has burned out completely. Depending on the size of your cauldron, you can use a variety of different sized candles. Try melting the bottom of a birthday candle to make it stand upright in your cauldron. Mount several candles in your cauldron to make different shapes like a pentacle or square.  Pillar or votive candles always work well in a cauldron. Remember to NEVER leave a lit candle unattended, even in a cauldron.

Edited by Preety_India

Josh Rood, an expert on Asatru at the University of Iceland. “The prison systems, and the white separatist movements have been bastardizing Asatru beliefs, symbols, and myths for a long time.”