Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZZZZ

Humor brings people together

4 posts in this topic

My takeaway from today's trip. I laughed today with 2 of my best friends more than I have in months combined prior to today. It was like our way of creatively acknowledging how we share each of our individual experiences, or a  playful way to reaffirm our mutual understanding of reality. Interesting stuff. 

Edited by ZZZZ

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I have a weird sense of humor sometimes.

The Voice of Happiness 

After Bankei had passed away, a blind man who lived near the master's temple told a friend; Since I am blind, I cannot watch a person's face, so I must judge his character by the sound of his voice. Ordinarily when I hear someone congratulate another upon his happiness or success, I also hear a secret tone of envy. When condolence is expressed for the misfortune of another, I hear pleasure and satisfaction, as if the one condoling was really glad there was something left to gain in his own world.

"In all my experience, however, Bankei's voice was always sincere. Whenever he expressed happiness, I heard nothing but happiness, and whenever he expressed sorrow, sorrow was all I heard."

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I love to talk to friends and suddenly start to laugh without reason, but simply because you complement each other so well

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.