Marks199

What happens in Hong Kong next if worse case scenario hapens?

2 posts in this topic

For example, if China invades Hong kong? What will be the terrible consequences that are predicting the global economy? How will that affect the diplomacy between China and the UN? Will the Chinese currency fall or go up? Will that set backward the growing Asian market? Is the trade center then be in Singapur? Would Taiwan be the next target of the chinses SD stage blue nationalism? 

I am very interested in the Hong Kong topic. Answers are welcome.

I have lived in China for a few years now and this is a dicey issue to me. On the one hand China is a massive, ethno-centric, well resourced country with very low consciousness across the board with little to no dissent in their ranks.

On the other hand a reason for optimism is that their temperament is very much on the side of pragmatism above all else I've found. They prioritize comfort and convenience before being willing to die for some percieved noble cause. 

Mobilisation for good or bad happens at breakneck pace and effectiveness in China which is why I believe they are capable of anything. They are a crucial fulcrum on the world stage, could be a massive force for good or for evil in the world depending on what they are provoked into. Another reason Trump is such a disaster, for example they scrapped many of their green initiatives after the trade war started.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell