AlphaAbundance

What is the purpose of running?

24 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, Moreira said:

Id say people like running because:

A/overthinging stops

B/they are addicted to the endorphins

The problem is, the typical cardio running produces oxidative stress so it ages you a lot.

The best bet is HIIT.

That's quite useful information. I guess it's time to change my workout routine. 

On 9/20/2019 at 2:34 AM, FabulousKitchen said:

Endurance. Physical endurance breeds psychological and emotional endurance

Indeed. I love running before my job early in the morning, helps me to wake up and clear my mind. Though I would also recommend hiking as an option, it can also increase your endurance. Moreover, doing this in Countryside away from polluted city air sounds more appealing to me. Though you should be well-prepared for such activities because of this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazards_of_outdoor_recreation. I don't go hiking very often because of my job schedule, but my travel backpack is always prepared and filled with stuff like this

@Sahil Pandit Your profile photo looks like it’s Leo. Is that so?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie