Cineva

Is it normal to have doubts about your career path?

6 posts in this topic

If you question the path you're on does that mean that you're not on the right path? How do you know when you're  on the right path?

Short story: I'm a 22 year old musician from eastern europe and got the chance to fullfil my dream of studying at a very good music university in London. But the thing is that at this crucial point I get a lot of doubts and I keep getting thoughts about choosing a different university in a different field like psychology. I tried rationalizing them and putting them aside but they keep comming back and I really don't know what to do other than ask online lol.

Should I push trough them and follow the initial path that I felt a pull for or listen to my intuition that it's telling me something else? I got really confused also about sadhgurus videos where in one he talks about choosing a direction and never changing it even if it feels like hell and it other videos he talks about why should you do something if you despise it ? 

Any thoughts...? ?

Hello 'Cineva' . How much time until you have to make a decision?

Sit down every day and imagine yourself living the life you choose. Imagine being a musician, practicing long hours, being on the road, working nights, weekend s, whatever a musician life is and imagine yourself being a psychologist. Digging deep into books, the human mind, spending time in hospital, with patients.

Imagine yourself in both lives, especially in the hard, unpleasant parts of them and watch how you feel. 

You can ask around, but in the end it is you who holds the answer. And remember that whatever you choose is the right thing, although your mind might tell you otherwise 

Don't choose a path, let the path choose you

stick to your path its very normal  to have dout , you can study psychology later on ALONE on line if you want to .....its never too late , studying music in a london university is so rewardin ....

@Codrina

I just realised that all that confusion was coming because of being in low consciousness and feeling like shit. It's fascinating to see how I blame outer circumstances for my interior pain and I want to change them. I think if you really want to change your career you would have to do it after meditating a lot and contemplating for at least 2 weeks as you said. Thanks everyone for the responses

Time will tell.  Despite his (Sadh) undeniable wisdom, sometimes changing direction IS part of the journey. No?