Barna

What is a question?

41 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Barna said:

Every inquiry is self-inquiry when there's no real distinction between self and other. :)

Although I don't disagree with that, but I think contemplation is a better practice here. It's like saying that every liquid is water when there's no real distinction between water and other liquids.

There is still a practical difference.

16 minutes ago, Barna said:

By "world" I mean the eternal and ever changing present moment that we all experience. Don't you want to dive deep into that? 

Nope. I'm already diving deep enough, I guess. I don't feel like I need more.

Just keep in mind that all answers are ultimately thoughts about the present moment, which is not to say they're not part of it.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Nope. I'm already diving deep enough, I guess. I don't feel like I need more.

The present moment is you. What else could it be? Only you exist. :)

How will you know yourself if you are not interested in yourself? 

45 minutes ago, Barna said:

The present moment is you. What else could it be? Only you exist. :)

To me, that's just a thought.

46 minutes ago, Barna said:

How will you know yourself if you are not interested in yourself? 

What is knowledge but maps? I like the territory a lot more.

36 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

To me, that's just a thought.

Then turn it into an experience. Do it right now: find the boundary between you and your experience. If you're not your experience then there should be a precise line that separates you from your experience. So where is this line? Don't make it conceptual, go to your direct experience and find this line/boundary.

45 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

What is knowledge but maps? I like the territory a lot more.

Let me rephrase my question: How will you realize the fullness of your being if you're  interested only in the emptiness of it? 

27 minutes ago, Barna said:

Then turn it into an experience. Do it right now: find the boundary between you and your experience. If you're not your experience then there should be a precise line that separates you from your experience. So where is this line? Don't make it conceptual, go to your direct experience and find this line/boundary.

Right now, I'm at a point where that doesn't make any sense at all. All of it is viewed as egoic motivation.

28 minutes ago, Barna said:

How will you realize the fullness of your being if you're interested only in the emptiness of it? 

I don't know what that even means. Fullness or emptiness? What are those?

I wanted happiness and I got it. Is there anything realisations can offer besides happiness?

16 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I wanted happiness and I got it. Is there anything realisations can offer besides happiness?

Realizations give you the truth. Would you rather be happy than being yourself? 

Edited by Barna

1 minute ago, Barna said:

Realizations give you the truth.

At some point, a realisation about realisations will be had, and it will break all of your realisations.

2 minutes ago, Barna said:

Would you rather be happy than being yourself? 

Being happy is being myself. A thought about me does not tell who I actually am, because I am independent of thought.

11 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Being happy is being myself. A thought about me does not tell who I actually am, because I am independent of thought.

I'm not talking about realizations on the level of the mind. I'm talking about the process of expanding consciousness to include more and more of the inifinte existence. There's no end to realizations because Infinity doesn't have an end. 

3 hours ago, Barna said:

I'm talking about the process of expanding consciousness to include more and more of the inifinte existence. There's no end to realizations because Infinity doesn't have an end. 

Cool! Go for it. I'll be right here.

8 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Cool! Go for it. I'll be right here.

It's not about going anywhere :D

It's about being right here, right now, without being asleep :)

18 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

What's the difference?

Whatever you do is perfect, it's not a question of good or bad. The difference between being awake and being asleep is the same as the difference between truth and illusion. Being asleep basically means that we're dreaming a comfortable lie for ourselves. There's nothing wrong with that, sometimes we need some comfort on the way. But if you've ever tried to cling to comfort for too long then you know that it leads to more and more suffering the longer you try to cling to it. 

7 minutes ago, Barna said:

But if you've ever tried to cling to comfort for too long then you know that it leads to more and more suffering the longer you try to cling to it. 

Can we say the same thing about clinging to not being asleep?

5 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Can we say the same thing about clinging to not being asleep?

Of course. The whole purpose of life is to teach us to not be stuck on any perspective. 

Edited by Barna

If you truly want to know what a question is, observe for yourself where a question arises from.

❤️?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞

1 hour ago, Dimi said:

If you truly want to know what a question is, observe for yourself where a question arises from.

❤️?

Which part of it? The thought form of the question seems to arise somewhere in the head area. But the thought form is fueled by curiosity. The curiosity seem to arise somewhere in the chest area. But what fuels the curiosity? What's its underlying energy? 

25 minutes ago, Barna said:

Which part of it? The thought form of the question seems to arise somewhere in the head area. But the thought form is fueled by curiosity. The curiosity seem to arise somewhere in the chest area. But what fuels the curiosity? What's its underlying energy? 

Read this and tell me what your perspective is: https://www.centerforsacredsciences.org/index.php/publications/from-form-to-formlessness.htm

❤️?

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.

∞∞∞∞ Rumi ∞∞∞∞