bonesurfer

Let's talk about marketing strategies!

5 posts in this topic

Hey all! So I've been doing reading about marketing for service based businesses, and have some ideas about what I need to do to get my natural healthcare business off the ground. I'll share with you my strategy and am interested in seeing what you all are putting together as well!

Objective: 

I'm trying to make a stage yellow business that I have fun doing while also being able to remain autonomous of any specific location. I also want to attract clients to my practice and develop leverage in my work. As a healthcare provider, I think I've found an easy in to play with food. My idea is to make a series of videos surrounding healthy cooking. I also know I need to develop a website, and create content for that website that funnels traffic to my services. I know this seems pretty dispersed, but I see them as all necessary to develop a strong presence online. 

I have a list of websites that potential customers visit that publish content dealing with natural healthcare. I'm wanting to franchise my writing to these websites in effort to drive traffic to my page.  These are pages like (mid tier) mindbodygreen.com, greenmedinfo.com, curejoy.com, among others. I'm hoping to take this collection of articles and to make a book from them at some point.

I plan on joining the institute of functional medicine in addition to other state and local organizations that are involved with natural healthcare.

Materials I will need include:

- a kitchen set for making food videos

- an office set for making lifestyle and general information videos

- a website

I'm wanting to write 2 website articles a week, over 2,500 words and a video every 2 weeks. I have a budget set at $300 for the month to make this happen.

Sticking points:

- I need more time and energy to make this happen. I am working 45 hours a week in clinic, and usually leave feeling exhausted at the end of the day. I'm basically doing this on my own.

- To address this, I might hire a ghostwriter to write articles for me, hire a web developer to make my website, and outsource other tasks for which I don't have a ton of time to put in.

Anyways, that's what I've got so far. Let me know what you humans think, and share your strategies here! Looking forward to hearing from you!

Have you considered saving up money from your job so you can eventually leave?

What kind of service do you intend to provide? As  a healthcare provider

@Cocolove I have and am saving money to leave. I graduated from chiropractic school recently, and am working towards a form of healthcare called functional medicine, which combines diagnostic lab testing with lifestyle change to manage chronic conditions.

@Athena I probably would have been better served going your route. All through chiro school I was much more interested in doing this sort of work anyway. Will probably end up doing an internship with you guys anyway.