JevinR

Vegan Protein

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, popi said:

Carrie I didnt know that about you!!!!! I want to go raw vegan ,give me your lights!!!!!!!

@popi

Hi Popi,

As promised during my email I would write some of my insight here about the vegan lifestyle.

Provided below is a list of famous vegan body builders and athletes.  Including Patrik Baboumian, vegan strongman, who is the strongest man in Germany!!  Seriously....look at this guy's muscles! lol   I'll copy and paste some excerpts from the list.

http://www.greatveganathletes.com/bodybuilder

Torre Washington, vegan bodybuilder
Torre is a National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) certified coach and six-time champion pro-competitive natural bodybuilder with pro cards in four distinct bodybuilding organizations. Raised vegetarian since birth and vegan since 1998, Torre built his physique entirely on a vegan diet without the aid of supplements.

Amanda Riester, vegan boxer and bodybuilder
Amanda is a boxing champion, bodybuilder and trainer who is passionate about animals. She has won the Chicago Golden Gloves title four times, and has a North America bodybuilding title. She has rescued dogs and brings her passion for animals to her gym training ...

Alexander Dargatz, vegan bodybuilder
Alex Dargatz is most famous for winning the 2005 World Bodybuilding title, after five years as a vegan. Alex was known for impressive abdominal muscles and also undertook strength straining

And I'm sure there are many more that are not listed here. :)

Here is a video of Patrik Baboumian, World's strongest Vegan in Germany, and what he eats.

I had to post this too.....Love this!  Showing his strength here.  Protein comes from many sources, not just animal protein.

18 minutes ago, Names are labels said:

I had to post this too.....Love this!  Showing his strength here.  Protein comes from many sources, not just animal protein.

This is SCARY!!!!! IM AFRAID TO SEE ALL THE VIDEO.

If you're looking for more information on going vegan and foods to prepare I know of a few people you can follow on youtube. 

There are different ways you can eat vegan.  My personal choice is RAW vegan / Fruitarian, which means I try to eat things uncooked in their natural state.  The less cooking the less you lose in nutritional value.  Also a lot of my diet is mainly made up of fruit. I do scatter in nuts and seeds here and there. But being on a more 80/10/10  80%=fruits and veggies,  10%= fat  10%= protein,  I've noticed that my body doesn't want protein from nuts, seeds, tahini, beans, etc.  It actually makes me feel really sick.  But that is just my personal preference and I'm a rare case because of my extreme allergies to most foods (dairy, gluten, eggs, soy, peanuts, cabbage, brussel sprout, etc.).  It's really about what works best for you.

Freelee the Banana Girl.

My personal favorite is FullyRawKristina.  I just think she is an all around nice person.  She lives in Texas and runs her own Vegan co-op.

@popi

Being fully raw no doubt is difficult.  It's been taking me a while to transition into the fully raw scene.  I'm not perfect.  I cheat...I snuck in a few cookies last week...and I honestly I regretted it afterwards.  lol  I don't feel so good.  I broke out in acne. lol. 

Two years ago I went fully raw vegan for 6 months.  I was by far in the best health of my life.  Once you've been eating raw for a while you no longer have any desire or inclination for regular foods.  You literally have to wean yourself off of it.  You go through a detoxing process.  The time of detoxification depends on a lot of factors for each individual.

Because I went vegan for 6 months I completely reversed my ovarian cysts, which run on my mother's side of the family.  At my age, 32 I should have had a full hysterectomy by now.  Also I noticed too...sorry guys...this might be a little TMI.. TOO MUCH INFORMATION here...too much info.... but Menstrual cycle pain is completely gone.  For some women they stop bleeding all together.  There is debates on whether on that is healthy to have no periods.  They have books about it if you're interested.  I'm sure I could find it.  But with my condition it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Also vegan has many other benefits.  You have the most incredible and crazy sex drive.  It's  very noticeable.  Now that I've entered the dating scene again I have to tell you one of my prerequisites for dating is a guy that is vegan/vegetarian.  I get bored, and they can't keep up at all! lol  Your immune system is off the charts too!  I was in an elevator with a sick person and most people would have caught the flu for being so close in proximity....I never got sick.....ever.  You literally become invincible when you're completely raw vegan.

Now don't get me wrong...if you just go vegan there will be benefits, such as what I've noticed..but they get even greater if you decide to go raw, but most people don't feel that's right for them.  And that's ok!

A lot of yogis have a tendency to go vegan as well as people that practice Kriya or Kundalini yoga and energy workers.  It just comes with the territory.

I hope that helps! :)

I dont know. Ive tried it before (go raw vegan) for a week or two,but I failed.

So it wasnt raw completely,it was cooked food with no oils. But the foods were not tasty at all. I was not having the desire to eat a lot. I was eating a little because the food was ...not so desirable. I would like to just go fully raw vegan for a week or two just to detoxify and see if i can drop off weight. At least a little bit. So for one week or two I want some tips ,what can I eat and when. Because If its fruit all day,I dont know,breakfast lunch dinner and snacks. All fruits and veggies? Maybe I can go with smoothies and salads as you said.

I ll try and thanks for your advice.

Edited by popi

@popi

19 hours ago, popi said:

I dont know. Ive tried it before (go raw vegan) for a week or two,but I failed.

So it wasnt raw completely,it was cooked food with no oils. But the foods were not tasty at all. I was not having the desire to eat a lot. I was eating a little because the food was ...not so desirable. I would like to just go fully raw vegan for a week or two just to detoxify and see if i can drop off weight. At least a little bit. So for one week or two I want some tips ,what can I eat and when. Because If its fruit all day,I dont know,breakfast lunch dinner and snacks. All fruits and veggies? Maybe I can go with smoothies and salads as you said.

I ll try and thanks for your advice.

HI Popi,

You need to experiment and see what works for you.  Variety is key to making it work for you.  Remember there are different types of foods you can eat if you're just vegan.  You can still technically get vegan ice cream, vegan pastas, pizzas, veggie burgers, etc.  Vegan eating doesn't have to be boring at all.   I just eat VERY CLEAN and eat foods in their most natural state.  I am by no means a typical vegan.  Most vegans that usually meet me are shocked by how hardcore I am. You can still eat normal every day things as a vegan.  I was just recently at a birthday party and we had a vegan tiramisu! lol

Weight loss and keeping it off is all about a lifestyle change.  This is not something that is temporary.  I worked as a weight loss coach for a year for Ideal Protein.  I was taught that 80-90% of your weight loss and maintaining weight is diet and the remainder the 10% is exercise.  So basically you are what you eat.

It took me months to transition from the American Standard Diet to just being vegan.  First I cut out beef, than chicken, than it was just fish.   Than I switched my protein source to mostly nuts.  It takes your body time to adjust.  I'm finally at the point now that I absolutely dislike anything with white sugar, corn syrup, sweet foods.  It's an actual addiction.  White sugar has been shown to light up the same parts of your brain as cocaine! 

If you want to look for ideas on things to eat look at those two videos I've posted above.  Look at Fully Raw Kristina's videos  And Freelee the Banana girl.  Just explore to see what's out there.

@popi

23 hours ago, popi said:

@Names are labels  I want to be kind of hardcore too. Im tired with the vegan "junk" 

Yeah, I would definitely take things slow if you decide to go hardcore.  Just slowly wean things out of your diet one at a time.  When I tried to go cold turkey I started to binge eat.  One time I went vegan cold turkey and two weeks later I literally ate animal protein and nothing else for three straight days! No joke! lol  

10 minutes ago, Names are labels said:

@popi

Yeah, I would definitely take things slow if you decide to  When I tried to go cold turkey I started to binge eat.  One time I went vegan cold turkey and two weeks later I literally ate animal protein and nothing else for three straight days! No joke! lol  

Oh. Awful experience.

I mean,even if you try to cut all the bad stuff,it willnot work

Obviously you need either sth to enlighten you and make a huge apocalypse or have strong health reasons.

I have nothing

@popi

1 minute ago, popi said:

Oh. Awful experience.

I mean,even if you try to cut all the bad stuff,it willnot work

Obviously you need either sth to enlighten you and make a huge apocalypse or have strong health reasons.

I have nothing

Having strong health reasons is good enough for me.  The binge eating happened over 3 years ago. I can tell you, when I went completely raw my mental clarity was off the charts.  I feel it's necessary for my enlightenment work.

@popi

On 8/11/2016 at 1:53 AM, popi said:

@Names are labels  I wish I could that for a moment. 

Popi,  You can be anything you want to be.  You are what you believe yourself to be.  I would make a list of the reasons why you want to go vegan.  I'm vegan for my health reasons.  I just refuse to get sick and take medications ever again.  I've been through so much, and the Doctors I came across all they wanted to do was take my money, and cover up my medical conditions with things that don't fix the problem.  I also notice that it takes care of my mental issues and gives me clarity.   I have other reasons that I'm not going to list here.  Find something that resonates within you.  That gives you a vision and goes along with your life purpose.

Also if you want to talk about it by email we can go into further detail on what might be holding you back from going vegan.  A lot people when they are trying to lose weight or change their diet have self limiting beliefs that were created from prior experiences from their past.  Sometimes it involves the realization of where it is steaming from, letting it go, forgiving and coming up with some goals and strategies to get there.   I know you can do this. :)

@Names are labels  thank you Carrie,again!!!

When you say vegan you mean raw vegan.?

Because I said I dont consume animal products since 4 and a half months now. 

Im happy with that because junk food and fatty foods are really limited here,If you are vegan. Again,not raw vegan. But I still feel something has to change.

Anyways,Im gonna pm you here or If you want to email you,whatever you desire. 

Kisses.