Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LucyKid

Talked with my grandma about meditation

3 posts in this topic

My grandma is russian, and she's rather old (75 years old?) with a very rational mind, like the soviets.  She asked me how I am doing and I told her that I am doing great and that I went to lake nearby my house and meditated there. Her reply was that it makes her worry about me, and that she is not sure about this.
She is cute, but full of stigmas. On one hand, it is a funny thing to share, on the other hand, it is sad that she thinks that way and how stigmatized she is. 

Your post reminds me of a similar story. A few weeks ago I also talked to my grandma (also russian) about meditation because she often mensioned to me that she is often very stressed and has other bad symptoms. I maneged to sit her down with me and to meditate with me for two minutes. It was fascinating to see how much resistance she had sitting still for a couple of minutes. When the 2 minutes where over, (I sat an alarm) she emediately started talking non stop about random topics as if they were bubbling up the hole time we were meditating. Of course she also mentioned her skepticism towards meditation and so on. 

At least she gave it a shot :D