Paul92

Sadhguru on your own destiny.

6 posts in this topic

A video I feel I really needed to watch today. I came home from work feeling pretty terrible. My best friend is away on holiday at the moment, and I miss her dearly. Then I started wondering, is she real? Or the product of random brain activity? My friend, my wonderful friend, does she exist? I hope so.

I hope more than anything that what he says is true. That we all make our own lives, should we act more consciously.

I don't want to be God. I don't want to be anyone special, I never have. I'm just me, and that was always enough. Everyone I ever came across was enough, just as they are.

@Beginner Mind In my opinion, yes, it really would.

Sure, for a lot of beings, things would work out fine. And that is wonderful. Even today, there are thousands - millions even - that have wonderful lives. Rich and poor. And that is wonderful. Equally, there are millions that suffer greatly. And I would feel much better about my own existence if I felt that  I could contribute a little to their wellbeing. I'd feeling much better knowing I'd played my part. I want to help people. I don't want anyone to suffer.

I'm just a bit of an old romantic, I think. Not just in terms of relationships, either.

It's not an egoic thing. I don't care if people recognise me for what I achieve or do. I am happy being nobody. Life can throw whatever it wants at me, that is fine. Just know that I will remain happy so long as everything that in response to everything that gets put to me, my response is in my hands. We make our lives whatever we want it to be.

I love an underdog. Battling against the odds. Anyone can achieve anything. Anyone can find love, no matter your race or background etc. The world is everyone's oyster.

That is the world I want to live in.

I'm from a poor family. I live in one of the poorest villages in the UK, an old mining community. Every single month I am in my overdraft, just buying food! And I work long hours. But all I need is my nearest and dearest. They keep me going. My family, my friends. Other people. Making this reality, whatever it is, their own. I couldn't care less about anything else. I don't take anything too seriously.

But without individuality and uniqueness, everything loses its colour.

3 hours ago, Paul92 said:

I don't want to be God. I don't want to be anyone special, I never have. I'm just me, and that was always enough. Everyone I ever came across was enough, just as they are.

Your ego doesn't want to become God because it's the Devil (Watch self-deception part 1-3). 

Everyone you ever came across and seemed enough just as they are, are a Devil as well with their Devil ego. 

Do not be fooled by what you see on the surface, everybody walks around with a mask. :ph34r:

If god is omnipresent, God is within you. Wouldn’t this mean that God is in control of you as well, out of necessity? 

Recently, I’ve personally experienced the predetermined nature of my life. It’s a powerful insight that usually happens when you experience extreme retroactive synchronicities as well as current ones.

19 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

@Beginner Mind In my opinion, yes, it really would.

Sure, for a lot of beings, things would work out fine. And that is wonderful. Even today, there are thousands - millions even - that have wonderful lives. Rich and poor. And that is wonderful. Equally, there are millions that suffer greatly. And I would feel much better about my own existence if I felt that  I could contribute a little to their wellbeing. I'd feeling much better knowing I'd played my part. I want to help people. I don't want anyone to suffer.

I'm just a bit of an old romantic, I think. Not just in terms of relationships, either.

It's not an egoic thing. I don't care if people recognise me for what I achieve or do. I am happy being nobody. Life can throw whatever it wants at me, that is fine. Just know that I will remain happy so long as everything that in response to everything that gets put to me, my response is in my hands. We make our lives whatever we want it to be.

I love an underdog. Battling against the odds. Anyone can achieve anything. Anyone can find love, no matter your race or background etc. The world is everyone's oyster.

That is the world I want to live in.

I'm from a poor family. I live in one of the poorest villages in the UK, an old mining community. Every single month I am in my overdraft, just buying food! And I work long hours. But all I need is my nearest and dearest. They keep me going. My family, my friends. Other people. Making this reality, whatever it is, their own. I couldn't care less about anything else. I don't take anything too seriously.

But without individuality and uniqueness, everything loses its colour.

Nothing is stopping you from making your unique contribution.  If you want to help others, you can do that.  If everything is predetermined, then your desire to help others would also be predetermined.  Just follow your natural inclinations.