ValiantSalvatore

Integral Psychology - Playlist

7 posts in this topic

I've found this channel somewhile ago and shared it it has some gold nuggets etc inside.

Here is a playlist

I liked a part of one of Wilber's comments in the above video  - " the brighter the light, the darker the shadow"

The Pre-Trans Fallacy

A core lynchpin concept in Integral psychology.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot Yes, that very well may be I did read the book, yet I mostly liked the maps of mystecism. I listend to a lot of audiobook material about Integral Theory, yet the books explain this in extrem detail. 

Thanks for the vid above, I've already could not recall anymore what Pre-Trans is, fundamentally a reductionism or an elevation of structure stages as well as a confusion about structure stages and state stages, as with the Freud example or the examples from Romanticism and the infant being one with the mothers breast. 

@ValiantSalvatore I never really understood his quadrant map. Most of what I've learned about Spiral Dynamics is through Wilber audio and video though. 

I called it a lynchpin in how it opened up my understanding when It applied to rationality, conventional stage orange people and their dismissal of the mystical experience because transrational in their eyes looks the same as  prerational. That's a part of how I've experienced it also.. In green I did the opposite of that and elevated some prerational things into transrational profundities. In working on myself have let some of these spiritual ego structures dissolve or play themselves out, mostly This seems layered. Still observing at times,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot I know the map and could describe it in a basic form all quadrants, all lines, all levels etc. 

I had to google the word lynchpin I thought it means something else, but now I know.

3 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

their dismissal of the mystical experience because transrational in their eyes looks the same as  prerational. That's a part of how I've experienced it also

True many orange people fall under this category. 

I like to read about biases for instance cognitive biases, and shadow work shows how self-decption can work. 

I did not have many mystical experiences besides a few, based on psychdelics and without a couple of weird experiences. So, I don't know as much about them. 

In Wilbers new book he explains subtle, casual, non-dual etc stages in Integral Psychology he did not explain it IIRC. But explained terms like vison logic and talked about psychologist like william james.

On 14.08.2019 at 1:21 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

conventional stage orange people and their dismissal of the mystical experience because transrational in their eyes looks the same as  prerational.

It seems like every stage is like that with respect to some dimension of consciousness that is being opened.
I would imagine a purple person confusing himself for blue while rejecting red.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki That is why there is a difference between state-stages ( mystical experiences) and structure stages ( developmental stages - sprial dynamics ). 

It's important to distinguish them. 

Everyone can experience state-stages at every structure-stage and the mystical experience will be interpreted through that particular structure-stage. 

It's as simple as this. 

Edited by ValiantSalvatore