Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest SirVladimir

20 minutes: Holotropic breathing, the state of familiarness, third eye experience

4 posts in this topic

Hello there. I've been spending less time on the forum and more in the field. Last night I had the freedom to sleep under the stars, on fresh air. The story consists of three parts:

Holotropic breathwork - the start

The state of familiarness - the peak

Third eye experience - the aftermath (a vision at the end)

I'll sum up the whole thing in a few paragraphs. Let's get to it.

Previous breakthroughs: the state of nothing ('blank state'), a few insights about infinity (not there yet by far), one time astral projection

Holotropic breathwork: I began close to midnight on a grassy field, surrounded by stars and a purring cat. I notice the 'I' doesn't want to do the breathing. It smells like garlic to a vampire.

5-10 minutes I start getting into a high state. The chest is pounding. Independent thoughts come up. They are no longer on the same playing field. You've got the xyz axis, right. What you do in this state, as I like to call it, is move in an additional 'w' direction, away from the thoughts. 

15 minutes in - the state of flow. 'I am hearing The Universe. For the very first time,' you might say. The sound of nature is flowing through you like a river. The preconstructed notion of 'inside the head' falls down. Words don't mean shit. All I'm writing is nothing, you understand? Nothing.

The state of familiarness: Once you breathe for long enough, you'll start reaching the state of familiarness. That's how I call it. Every moment feels like home in a mystical, unique way. How else can I describe? I can't!

Third eye experience: 20 minutes in. The peak. I thought, why not focus attention in the middle of my brows? Lo and behold, that's all it took. The whole body was tingling. The 'I' was still on the 'w' axis. This is the best description my words can give: As it is unexplainable for a human how a bird can flop its wings, intuitively, with ease, in the same way it is unthinkable how two eyes can stay closed, yet the third one open. In that moment, the mind was so focused in the center that I had the ability to close both of my 'side eyes' (and see the process of shutting down), but still see. In that exact moment, two things happened: 

One - a vision appeared.

Two - a thought came up, saying: 'There will be skepticism. Don't listen to yourself then.'

The vision I've drawn below (pretty clunky): 

IMG_20190803_111422.jpg

Does it remind you of something? Have you found anything similiar? 

That's all for now, folks. My skepticism arrives.

Sounds good. Keep experimenting with it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Reminds me of the Game of Thrones symbolism. Creepy shit. But cool experience and much luck on the path. I'm currently doing some regular WHM exercises and try to incorporate 100 transformational breaths every day. Next step: holotropic breathwork.

courtesy-of-hbo-7-1555330965.jpg

I went to an mdma healer/therapist recently who told me about his experience at a holotropic breathwork retreat.  He re-experienced his birth, where he almost died and turned blue and this has resulted in a major energetic release for him which has had a profound impact on his life.

Stanislov Grof believes that peri-natal trauma can play a major role in certain psychopathologies.  It is generally advised that the first 2 or 3 times you do this, you should do it with a licensed facilitator, as it can raise very traumatic memories which you could need help dealing with.  I would approach with caution for those thinking about trying it alone.