AlldayLoop

A Glimpse Or An Ego/Mind Trick?

7 posts in this topic

As I was 20 minutes into Leo’s video on “What Is The Point Of Life?” (watching on my HDTV), I started to slowly experience a sense of hyper-awareness. Literally the TV was slowly seeming to disappear/melt away, and it’s as if the only thing I was aware of was Leo talking, except he and I had no distinction (like I was him and he was me talking as one). I quickly paused the video because I was at awe at what I was experiencing. This is not the first time I’ve had an experience like this (I’ve had it on marijuana). However, I wasn’t under the influence of it at all; I haven’t used it in weeks.

Is this a glimpse of awakening, or am I just fooling myself and this is just another ego/mind trick? I definitely feel like trying to analyze and interpret the experience after the fact in an obsessive way is ego coming back full swing.

Is this a glimpse of awakening, or am I just fooling myself and this is just another ego/mind trick? I definitely feel like trying to analyze and interpret the experience after the fact in an obsessive way is ego coming back full swing.

This insight, imo, is much more important than the experience or trying to retrospectively analyze it. Based on the description, it just sounds like a brief samadhi, which is nice, but it's not too important to make sense of the experience. 

Use that energy instead to gain a permanent shift in depth. :)

Edited by FocusOnTruth

That was a mild samadhi state. Good stuff. Headed in the right direction, but just the tip of the iceberg.

It is true, I am you.

But what is you?

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

I definitely feel like trying to analyze and interpret the experience after the fact in an obsessive way is ego coming back full swing.

Let go of that. 

As someone whose done that a lot especially when spontaneous Samadhi comes up, I can promise you that it’s worth it to cut that out. You stop by stopping. You don’t analyze your way to enlightenment or Samadhi. 

Get into that intentionally now and stay in it. 

Thanks for your wisdom and pointings guys, I truly appreciate it. 

Out of curiosity, is it unheard for these samadhi states to occur when you are out in public; not necessarily alone or with people you trust?

Also, 

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That was a mild samadhi state.

Is there a difference between a state and an experience?

Just now, AlldayLoop said:

Is there a difference between a state and an experience?

No, every experience is also a state of consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 hours ago, AlldayLoop said:

As I was 20 minutes into Leo’s video on “What Is The Point Of Life?” (watching on my HDTV), I started to slowly experience a sense of hyper-awareness. Literally the TV was slowly seeming to disappear/melt away, and it’s as if the only thing I was aware of was Leo talking, except he and I had no distinction (like I was him and he was me talking as one). I quickly paused the video because I was at awe at what I was experiencing. This is not the first time I’ve had an experience like this (I’ve had it on marijuana). However, I wasn’t under the influence of it at all; I haven’t used it in weeks.

Definetly a glimpse. And you are spot on about the ego wanting to analyze the experience. Just watch that happen without any judgment about it. :)