zasa joey

Enlightenment Inquiry

35 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, zasa joey said:

@SkyPanther  I am not the self-aware nothingness? is that what you say? than what am i?

When you say "I" you are talking about the egoic self.  That self is not what Leo is talking about.  He is talking about awareness/conciousness... there is no independent "you" in that. There is a mind-stream, but that is also just a stream of awareness that is conditioned by your experience. 

When you become enlightened you stop being a mind-stream, you stop living and just become existance without goals, or wants, or desires. That is both void, and full at the same time.

Edited by SkyPanther

@SkyPanther  I am not talking about egoic self, and i understand that leo is talking about awareness. but you said that i am not the awareness, consciousness thats what got me puzzled thats all.

24 minutes ago, zasa joey said:

@SkyPanther  I am not talking about egoic self, and i understand that leo is talking about awareness. but you said that i am not the awareness, consciousness thats what got me puzzled thats all.

Because you are thinking there will be in independent "you" that is conscious after enlightenment. 

Is the wave of an ocean independent of the ocean? Or does it arise out of the ocean and go back into it again, only to arise again?

When you light a candle with a match, is the fire that leaves the match the same fire that is on the candle wick?   Enlightenment/nibbana means "extinguishment of the flame".   That is even the conciousness is unbound.  But some "awareness" of now still exists... but you won't perceive it as an independent awareness...  It is just the awareness of existence.  It is also difficult to explain with words. That is why a lot of enlightened people are just silent.

A nice way of putting it that I heard recently...  If you are asleep and I ask you are you asleep, if you answer "yes" than you are not actually asleep.  Silence in that instance is the right answer. ;)

Edited by SkyPanther

Beautiful input Sky :)

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul

Love the path you're on... Love the stage you're in... Don't forget to breathe.

On 5/4/2016 at 4:05 PM, zasa joey said:

If the awareness is constant, I mean the perceiver where is it when we are asleep, why isn,t it aware of the state of sleep? I mean deep sleep. 

@zasa joey

Yes Awareness is Constant,

But our Awareness is "Conditioned  to be aware of Something , Some object or some thoughts".

In Deep Sleep Things or thoughts doesn't exist.

We are "not aware of our awareness" even while we r not sleeping.

"If we can be Aware of our awareness while awake" then "we will be able to be in awareness in deep sleep also"

So Please BE "Aware of u r Awareness" itself, u will be aware in Deep sleep Also

@zasa joey You are following your body. It is not that your body is following you. First, no one is perceiving any feelings or thoughts. Also awareness is not YOU. Awareness come up only after a sense. Without any sense simply because the brain is in resting state, there will be no awareness.

On 5/4/2016 at 0:35 PM, zasa joey said:

If the awareness is constant, I mean the perceiver where is it when we are asleep, why isn,t it aware of the state of sleep? I mean deep sleep. 

@zasa joey  It is aware, just you are not aware, you as ego/identity.

Next to the waking state, the dreaming state and the sleeping state is a fourth state called Turiya. This is the fundamental state of consciousness where one is constantly consciousness of all states. As with meditation you can become aware of your dreams, the first step. The final step is to become aware of you while sleeping. It`s the consciousness that roots in the anandamayakosha, the fifth sheat or kosha. It`s where you experience samadhi.

On 5/4/2016 at 7:20 PM, zasa joey said:

i already know that when i die, i will end up like i was before i was born, absolute emptiness, empty awareness. Finding out that I am "that" isnt much soothing, its more depressing for me!

@zasa joey   when you Die , you will not be aware of absolute emptiness , if u have not realized u r self

you will not end up like before u were Born.

Only when u Realize your true self when u r Living, u will rest in u r self after death, other wise u will be suffering after death also, u will take one more body to realize Who u truly r, again u have to realize u r self to return to u r original nature otherwise u will be caught up in Endless Cycle of birth suffering and Death.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:23 PM, zasa joey said:

@7oo13ad and isn't it so? doesn't leo say that nothingness is eternal, it cannot die, so in a sense it turns out that im immortal, but why the fuck do i want immortality if i cant experience anything? how am i immortal than?

"you are Immortal" , u know this truth only when u realize u r true self,

Because only u r true self is immortal,  not the False Identity now u r carrying which u think as you.

All your Identities are Mortal and That is not you. Don't think u with u r Current Identity is Immortal, it is not truth.

Instead Always we try to Make our False Identity with this Body and Mind as Immortal, Pls Understand

u r Body or Mind Can Never Become Immortal, It is Swallowed By Time,

Which is Beyond time in Timelessness Alone is Immoral, which is the Core of you.