Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meditationdude

Life expectancy

3 posts in this topic

Do you think people who dedicate themselves to self actualization will live longer than most people? Like into the 90s and 100s? Maybe even higher? 

Edited by Meditationdude
Missed a word

Life expectancy has more to do with your programming/conditioning/hard-wired-belief systems than anything else. You can live 1000 years if you truly know thyself. It is not always necessary but you can if you really wanted to and understand "how things work" beyond the limits of physicality.

B R E A T H E

Haha... OK, I'm not there yet. Working beyond the limits of physicality ;)

But, are you afraid of death?

I mean, you are going to die and it really doesn't matter how many years you'll be alive. Because the only thing you experience are moments. Past and future is in your head. Just make the most out of the moments you have. 

And if you see your body as a vehicle and an awesome product of some milion years of evolution you can do anything you want with it, you want to take care of it in order to live these moments with as much love and fun and consiousness. There are always accidents and genes, but it has been shown in research (the Lamcet had a full number covering this topic, I don't have the exact date now), one of the biggest killer is overweight nowadays. It doesn't only shorten life-span, but it also have influence on quality of life. So with good food, exercise and less toxins in your self-actualize plan, you might live a few years longer in great health ;) And with self-actualization comes happiness, but I'm not sure actual happiness leads to longer life. The was a 40-year study (70-year? anyone heard of that?) I remember, where social connections where associated with longer life expectancy. But that comes along with self-actualization I think (or as I experience now :)). 

Good question